moving a pulsing xenia

adamsr10

Alright... so my pulsing xenia is getting alittle overgrown in my tank... it's a wonderful thing but they are starting to intrude on my other corals which I would like to spread. My LFS is running low on xenia and is allowing me to bring some in for other coral frags!! My question is.. how could I remove some from another rock and take them to the LFS also.. I have one small rock with 6-7 large stalks but then I have others around my tank that I would like to attach to the other rock to take with me.. can I just use a razor blade and scrape it off the rock and then use super glue gel or something... Please let me know I'd like to take it to the LFS this afternoon!!

steve24

i don`t really know, but from what i`ve read here, you can just cut them off and then use mesh netting to attach it to other rocks...
steve

rwp1202

You can easily remove them from their current place by carefully rolling back their foot. Kinda like you would pull at the edge of a suction cup attached to your glass. It may take some time, but they will let go. Be gentle and patient
Xenia have a mind of their own. You can try to attach them to a rock with a rubber band. Once it is attached, sell or trade it right away because they will migrate to a place they like best. It is almost impossible to get them to stay where they don't want to be. they don't move as fast as an anemone, but rest assured, they won't be in the same place a week from now.
by the way, I have seem many posts that say Xenia do no ship well. If it were me, I would stick to local trade/sale.
Hope this helps.

bigjimintp

pulsing does fine it is very tough attach it to a little piece of pvc pipe and then stuff the pipe with styrofoam and float it upside down