moving a shark

rgv

How would you go about moving a 2 1/2 feet? I will be moving it from one town about 8 hours away to another town. Has anyone ever tried this? How would I do it?
:help:

rgv

It's a banded shark and a panther grouper.
I'm askin because I'm thinking of buying a tank from out of town and it comes with the shark and some coral.So I need some info on trying to transport these things.
Thanxs

sharkguy1

When I brought my horn shark, he was lill ovr 2ft , I took him home a i big bag with a stirofoam container surronding it.

cincyreefer

If it actually is 2 1/2 feet, then you are probably gonna want to get one of those large rubbermaid tubs and transport it that way. A battery powered air pump would be a good idea.

Don't be so quick to try to be a member of the overstock police. If you read the thread,
"I'm thinking of buying a tank from out of town and it comes with the shark "
Everyone seems overanxious to slam somebody
:mad:

cubuffs

My appologies. I misread the thread that you posted. Please tell us more about this tank that you are getting. We are anxious to hear.

fishy411

i may be wrong but i'm not so sure that keeping a shark in a reef tank is a good idea. The bright lights may kill it. Are u putting the corals in one of your existing tanks?

gasguzzler

Yeah, definately not a good idea. Also, when you move it, find an LFS to shoot the bag with pure oxygen. He'll be good in there for 2 days.

dsmith

i use pure oxygen in my tank all the time i have a 6 ft m tank that i get from work my fish arehappy