Moving and cleaning Live rock help.

forcrz6

Well I need Some advice on Moving Live rock from 1 tank to another.
The issue is this. The 55g has always had an Alga issue.Well some of the "live Rock" has turned green.
What I have done so for is this.
I have taken some of the rock out of the 55 and Boiled the rock. I did this to get rid of the Brittle worms that have infested the 55 and also to kill off some of the other lingering stuff.
I then went ahead and took a stiff wire brush to the rock to clean of the dark green algae. Now most of what is lest seemed to DIE the rock green.
Is there anyway for lack of better words to "bleach" the rocks back to a white color and kill all the algae on them that may be left?
I am willing to re cure the rock if need be. But I just need an idea so that I don't ruin the 125g when they go in.

coastie5685

well some boil there rock but not sure if that will get rid of the green algae...
is it hair algae ? hair algae can be green? if just hard green algae and its bad then just keep scrubbing... there had to be a reason why the green algae had a bloom in the 55g... high phosphates? to many fish? something... if u find it out then you can prevent it from happening in the 125 without doing a thing to the rock...

forcrz6

Originally Posted by Coastie5685
http:///forum/post/3002710
well some boil there rock but not sure if that will get rid of the green algae...
is it hair algae ? hair algae can be green? if just hard green algae and its bad then just keep scrubbing... there had to be a reason why the green algae had a bloom in the 55g... high phosphates? to many fish? something... if u find it out then you can prevent it from happening in the 125 without doing a thing to the rock...
I really dont know what kind of Algae it is. It is a very dark green and slimy. I just don't want to put this rock back in till I am sure that the Rock will not spread this Algae

fishkid13

You could by some new live rock. Might be a bit expensive. I would have suggested doing what you have aready did, sorry.

forcrz6

Originally Posted by fishkid13
http:///forum/post/3002847

You could by some new live rock. Might be a bit expensive. I would have suggested doing what you have aready did, sorry.
Well I had to get some new LR as it is since this is 120 and the other is 55.
But I guess I am asking Will boiling the LR kill the existing Algae and its spawns?