Moving and don't know what to do?

aloysius

I have a 12 gallon nano with 10lbs live rock, 15lbs live sand, 1 Long Tentacle Anemone with 1 Clarkii Clownfish, 2 Cleaner Shrimp , several snails and crabs, 1 Flower Anemone, 1 Engineer Goby, 2 Mushroom Polyp -Green Ricordea, 1 Mushroom Polyp -Umbrella, 5 bunches of Xenia Colonys, 1 Deep Sea Yellow Gorgonian, 1 Serpent Starfish, Green Star Polyps. What would be the best way to transport or move the tank to my new home about 4.5 miles no freeways all local roads. Moving from first floor to second floor of new house. Is there a way not to kill anything during the move? Please help invested a lot of money and don't have more to reinvest thank you fellow aquarious!!!!!!

m0nk

I did the same thing a few months ago, also with a 12 gallon. Basically I put all my coral rocks in a 5 gallon bucket and filled it with water from the tank, put all the non-coral rocks in a 5 gallon bucket and filled it with water, put the fish and inverts in another plastic container and filled with the remaining water. You only want the water level left in the tank to be just barely covering the sand so you don't kick up too much junk or let the sand shift around to much. Also, make sure when you get to the new place you have roughly 20% new water already made up and ready. When you get everything there, put it back together the way it was but leave out 20% of the original water in one of your containers and add the newly made up saltwater. I didn't loose a single thing and I moved LPS, mushrooms, zoas, 2 clowns, cleaner shrimp, 4 nass snails, 5 astrea snails, and about 15-20 lbs of live rock.
Hope that helps.