Moving Lympho fish to DT

sac10918

Hi everyone
I purchased a little B&W saddleback clown about 5 weeks ago and he has been in my QT. I think he has lymphocytosis, which seemed to spread to the tips of other fins during the first week that I had him, but now the spots seem like they may be getting smaller. My question is, what are your thoughts on adding him to my display tank in the next week or so. I do have a B&W clown already in there (hoping they will be friends). Will the lymph spread?
Someone had mentioned that I should catch this little fish and scrape the lymph off with my fingernail, or trim the tips of the fins. Would doing this reduce the chances of the lymph spreading? Thanks

beth

Administrator
Staff member
With lympho, its best to go ahead and give your fish the best environment that you can, so if you are sure this is the problem, go ahead and make the transition.

sac10918

I am feeling confident that this is lympho. It is on the tips of his fins and i think it looks like white styrafoam. I did hypo in th QT just to be sure there was no ich, and it didnt seem to affect it. I also did a round of melafix to make sure it wasnt anything fungal....
He eats well and is very friendly....