Moving tanks!

1guydude

Whooooohoooooo i get to move my tanks!
Got a question though....can i mess up my tank by taking the sand out.... I mean can i not put the sand back in when i set it back up so its bare bottom or would that be not kool cuz its been running the same for about a year? I dont think it would have any effect but i would love some fellow reefers advice or input here!

xcali1985

When I moved my tank, and a friends tank...actually moved 3 total now. We left the sand in the bottom with just enough water to keep it wet. Then refilled it. Your going to stir it up no matter what. Especially considering you need to move it all out the way to put your rocks back down on the glass.
I now have a 240. When I move that monster, the sand is coming out!!! 300lbs of sand on top of the 100s of lbs of glass!! That boy will be empty!

1guydude

ya i can move my 20gal that way prob but this one is a 36bow and im thinkin ill take the sand out and leave it out! When i set it back up ill just use rock!

snakeblitz33

It won't matter. Taking out the sand and just putting the rock back in won't hurt a thing. Just slightly increase your internal flow rate and readjust your powerheads.

xcali1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///t/389275/moving-tanks#post_3439445
ya i can move my 20gal that way prob but this one is a 36bow and im thinkin ill take the sand out and leave it out! When i set it back up ill just use rock!
LOL! That was an 80 gallon I moved like that. With 60lbs of sand! No experience with Bow Fronts.