Moving to Wisconson

dockery07

Hey everybody; we're moving to Wisconson in March (due to close on the house 2/25) we will be moving to Wind Point in Racine county. Anyhow where do you shop? I am going to fly some live stock up as Hubby will have time to get some smaller tanks set up. But I will have a 300 gallon to re-stock as I am going to sell most of the live stock here in DFW

elfdoctors

Welcome to Wisconsin!
However, I cannot give you any advice about places to shop because I live near the Minnesota border.

liontamer

yer saying that moving to wisconsin is a GOOD thing...wow, yer in my prayers. Hope u like cheese, cow pastures and corn fields. There is a plus though= good icecream. There are som any references in entertainment dissing wisconsin...its SOOO funny. Hard winters, decent summers. I guess if u like quiet and lots of snow, wisconsin is the place for u ;) by the way, i wouldnt mind some corals either seeing that im setting up a small tank myself:D

moraym

Eh, there are more references in entertainment dissing Canada. But I've found my business travel in Ottawa to be the most enjoyable of any location in North America, not to mention my personal vacations to ski. You just have to find the places to go.
Wisconsin is the same, went there bummed out, had a blast.

dockery07

Thanks everyone it is going to be a big change for us since we're coming from Texas. I dont know what I am going to do with snow.

dockery07

I have to find ski pants... The boys cannot wait to snowboard. they do it in CO several times a year and are very excited. I need to find some good used boards.

brad524

wisconsin members please stop in and check out our website
Madison Area Reef Society or MARS
you do not have to live in madison, even if you just pass
thru once in a while, we'd be happy see you
here's the link
http://www.madisonreef.com
and welcome to wisconsin

squidd

Originally posted by dockery07
Thanks everyone it is going to be a big change for us since we're coming from Texas. I dont know what I am going to do with snow.

skiing,snowboard,sledding,ice skate,tubing,ice fish...should I go on?
Shoveling, plowing, sweepng, more shoveling, Ice Melt, shovel the roof, scrape the windows, and did I mention Shoveling...:D

chazz66

Shoveling, plowing, sweepng, more shoveling, Ice Melt, shovel the roof, scrape the windows, and did I mention Shoveling...
squidd; you must be in the lake effect zone!

squidd

Well, you know where all those stories of walking to school, up hill, through the snow (both ways) come from, don't you...
Wisconsin...

Other than those three weeks we call summer, we walk everywhere in the snow...up hill...both ways...:yes:

brad524

I'm in the middle by wisconsin dells.
and I disagree, we don't get crap for snow anymore.:mad:
the ground was bare at christmas this year.(here anyway)
and nobody mentioned we have Wisconsin Dells wich has the biggest waterpark in the nation
and every hotel there seems to have a waterpark of thier own.

brad524

dockery
how old are your boys ?
I have about eight or nine snowboards laying around.
From 135's- 158's(cm)

dockery07

Hey Brad524
The boys are 14, and 8 I have twins that are 8; also have a 16 year old but I dont know if he is going to get one,
I am very interested if any of these would work. I have only done wake boards for the older two

doxboi

Liontamer
Maybe you have never been to Milwaukee! We have the most festivals in the country!!
http://www.milwaukee.org/main.cfm
The berbs are ok and the ghetto is ghetto!! We are no different than most major cities! Look it up!! Seasons are always different and more enjoyable than the same thing all the time!! As far as I can see from looking out my window there is not a corn field for miles!! Maybe a bar every other block, and not a farm for miles!! Every state has farms and some sort of crop though!! Do not limit your knowledge