moving

fishin'

i plan on purchasing an 80gal reef from another party. there is approx. 100lbs lr. what is the best way to transport it approx 20 miles. i work for a furniture delivery service so i have plenty of manpower. there is an octipus and a couple of fish. i will remove them and most the water. should i keep the water and transport it to the new location? how should i transport the lr? it is 48"x36" acrylic. will the bottom be strong enough for some lr and sand? i've transported a 45gal once, but it was much smaller. thanks in advance.

mr . salty

Get yourself enough NEW plastic trash cans,or storage tubs to hold all the water.Back the truck up to the closest window and pump the water into these containers.Put the rock and fish in one,and the sand in another.Then load the empty tank and equiptment....

taku

I moved a 55 gallon w/ 85#s of LR several miles using those orange home depot 5-6 gallon buckets *with lids*
I bought a total of 12 buckets and had only 1 to spare when everything was in transit *i took my water too*
Be careful putting the fish in with your rocks... the rocks may shift and crush some of your fish / coral while in transit. I put my fish in a bucket along with the largest piece of LR I have *so large it didn't budge while stuffed in the bucket.

fishin'

everything worked well. i used six 33gal new trashcans. they transported all the water and lr without problem. thanks :D