MP40 Broke

meowzer

Well I got home from work and one of my MP40W had a red light.....NOW It is the older version white box, BUT I Have never had this happen before
I tried resetting it....and nothing.....SO then we took it apart and Danny lost the little nut for the impeller (LOL....I have to laugh)
SO tomorrow I will call them and probably just send it in.....UNLESS someone has a nut or knows what to do :)

meowzer

LOL...I'm going to call them from work tomorrow....BUT I don't think the hardware store will have the type that comes on the tip of the wet side of the MP40 :(

2quills

Ecotech making proprietary nuts now?
Does it look like the little black one in this photo? If so then a hardware store should have something compatible. Just need to take the bolt in to find one that fits.

meowzer

IDK what it looks like...LOL....we lost it

I do not want to take apart one of my other ones.....LOL.....BUT you are probably right. :)

meowzer

Plastic Nut for MP20/40 Wet-Side

Item#:10108 $2.50
QTY:
Plastic nut for MP20/40 wet-side.
from their site....so I'm not too concerned about the cost....LOL.....BUT IDK yet if I need to send the whole unit until I call them.....SOOOO If I do I will have them replace it....NO BIGGIE

meowzer

I have to say.....EcoTech Marine has the BEST customer service....this is only the 2nd time I have ever had to call....and not only are they nice, they are prompt.....I barely had the phone hung up and I had the e-mail explaining everything I had to do to send it back with a RMA# and everything
I will send it out today.....and will update with the rest of my experience.

meowzer

WELL....I heard from Eco Tech this morning.....it seems water got into the controller and shorted out a circuit board EEK it is $100 part....BUT they will only charge me $65.....they will also replace the nut free of charge.....They say I also need a new power supply because mine is showing signs of corrosion....BUT they will also replace that FREE....
SOOOO it will cost me $65 plus shipping (about $10) to get it fixed...and it will be on its way back to me today
I AM EXTREMELY pleased with their service....

2quills

Not a bad deal at all Lois, considering the water damage. Never the less, tell Danny Boy, that he should handle his nuts a little more carefully next time.

meowzer

LOL.......I'll let him know

Yeah I know exactly how the water damage occurred to....I had the controller part on a table....and the tongs that I use for feeding next to it.....well I guess after I feed them I toss the tongs on that table...YUP.....that will NO LONGER be happening....

meowzer

OH YEAH.....I got it back today......really fast service IMO
Will probably put it back on tomorrow......too lazy today LOL