Mr. Salty Please Help Me

fla. keys

Could you answer my question I posted on here today (the only other post I have today)
You are the expert of experts and I value your opinion.
HOW DO I GET THE WHITE FILM OFF OF THE INSIDE OF MY ALL GLASS TANK. I THINK IT IS FROM THE KALKWASSER BUT I HAVE TRIED SCRUB BRUSHES AND NOW I AM STARTING TO TRY A RAZOR BLADE. WAS AFRAID OF SCRATCHING THE GLASS BUT PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME I WILL NOT.
HELP

galina

I'm not Mr Salty... but you could try an old credit card. Worked great for me. A credit card with not scratch you glass.
Galina

fla. keys

Thanks, I tried that with no luck.
This is not raised stuff. When you run your hand along the inside of the front of the glass it is smooth to the touch not rough. It is just like a milky white film I think from calcium?
Have no idea how to get it off but has been on there for about 3 weeks now

I would be more worried about scratcing my tank with the scrub brush than with razor blades.
Razor blades will not scratch glass while some of the so-called scrub brushes(Scotch Brite) will.....especially the green ones.

richard rendos

So I understand correctly, you have a white film on ALL the glass, even under the water level? Calcium build up is usually only above the water level where it has dried up and calcified. If it is under the water level, I don't know what it would be. But I use a razor blade on my tank once in a while to get rid of some tough stuff that doesn't come off with algae magnet and it never scratched the glass.