MR.SALTY

drewster

Hey, lets call this the michigan thread and list some LFS. I'm from Farmington Hills which is near the Detroit area. The store i'm going to now is called Pet Connection at 8 mile and Middlebelt. Don't quote me on the roads exactly. I'd have to look in the phone book to double check. Somebody recently told me to check out a place called Tropicorium which is in Romulus. Everything they have is tank raised including corals. They raise their own corals. They are only open to the public on weekends. Their website is www.tropicorium.com. Let me know if you guys have any other good Michigan LFS's around Detroit. I know Mr Salty is on the other side of michigan and probably won't be able to take advantage of my suggestions.

mr . salty

Hey guy's, I shop at AQUATIC IMPORTS in downtown St Joe. It's a pretty small place but the guy knows his s*****. Real nice live rock, and 15-20 marine tanks full of stock. Lots of freshwater stuff too.Wich is cool, my other tank is a beautiful 40gal hex freshwater thats been up for 9yrs. Still got a couple of original fish in it. Hope I have as good as luck with this one. by the way you got rain comming your way. just stopped rainin' here STEVE (fellow troll} we live under the bridge.

lynne

Hi! Read this site every day. I'm in Novi. Have you tried the Aquarium on 5 Mile and Merriman Road. Guy knows his stuff. Will try Pet Connection today.

broomer5

You folks have got to get to The Tropicorium. It's like a greenhouse for saltwater fish/inverts and corals. Above ground tanks/pools you walk by and look down into.
The coolest place for marine life !!
Broomer

drewster

Hey lynne, the first store i tried was The Aquarium at 5mile and Merriman. I will never go back there again. Their prices are higher than Pet Connection, their selection stinks, and the old guy there is rude as hell. I will never go back to that dump again.

lynne

I'm going to try the Pet Connection this afternoon. Battling ich. Have a 37 gal with eclipse hood. Been at this for 4 months and most definitely hooked. Already looking to upgrade. Try to get to Romulus this weekend. Have you

drewster

I'm hoping to get to Romulus this weekend to visit Tropicorium. I was actually in Romulus yesterday to visit my friend at the Ford Focus Assembly Plant. Too bad the LFS isn't open to the public on weekdays though.