mushrooms and light upgrade

jbeck

I currently have 160w of NO on my 75 g. I have several green and blue mushrooms that are thriving and spreading in the tank. I have a icecap 660 that i want to install to increase the wattage to support corals, etc.. Will the mushrooms be negatively impacted from the upgrade?? Also same question for zoos

you should be ok with a light upgrade depending on high your new lights will be. Is it MH or PC lighting? I would think that you might want to ease your new lights...start at a reduced number of hours that you normally leave them on. Be careful of the initial algae bloom that always happen when new lights are installed...another reason for controlling the number of hours that you turn them on...most people do 6 hours and slowly build up from there.
Good Luck!

fishtails

JBeck-It depends on where the mushrooms are located at. If they are near the top,with vho,I'd think they'd do worse de to lots of light, but if they're in the bottom or mid they so be fine. BTW,what types of bulbs do you plan using?BTW,as for the the shrooms,the zoo's have basically the same preferences.