Mushrooms dropping new ones

durabane

Ok my mushrooms are dropping new little spuds I will call them onto my subsrate how can I get them to attach to the rocks that I want. I have heard u can glue them but what does that take. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Durabane

yellowtail

take a small piece of rock and wrap the net around it some what tightly.make sure no bubbles form unde the net which will kill them. good luck

gregm779

If you can take the rock that you want to attach it to out of the water I would use super glue gel. Dry the rock where your gonna glue use a dab (just enough to hold it) let it dry and put it back in the water It'll be good as new in a day or 2.

clarkiiboi

Both suggestions are good, but the netting method works better, IME. The glue doesn't hold softies well, due to the slime issue. With the glue, it may look as though it took hold, but you may find it loose again days later. You can also take the loose shrooms and push it into a hole or crevice, for a 3rd option. That being said, I have not heard of shrooms dropping "new spuds". Shrooms usually move on the rock and leave a piece of them behind, and that leads to a new shroom. But I have seen an attatched shroom leave or drop off the rock. What shroom do you have?

durabane

the one that is dropping small ones is a green with black stripes. It sort of bubbled on the underside one day and then went back to normal. now I have 2 little mushrooms in the substrate below the big one that bubbled. Is it safe to touch the mushroom itself to sqeeze it into a rock or should i wear a plastic glove or something. Is it possible that it formed new ones that dropped off rock to find more room to grow
Durabane

jenn-e

if it is shrooms it is ok to touch them. i haven't had much luck glueing shrooms. the net works much better

durabane

Well got them out of subtrate and they had several large pieces attached to foot found hole is the rock i wanted to move them to about the size of the rocks attached and stuck them into the holes. Seem to of worked powerheads not blowing them out will be interesting to see if they stay there or if something knocks them out of the holes. As they grow they should expand out and grab ahold of bigger rock u would have to think. Or grow foot bigger and wedge it in the hole tighter. well will report back as I watch to see how these new guys take off. Once they get bigger I will take pics but right now they are just a small blur on my old digital camera