mushrooms for 5 bucks

bozfamily

Lfs told me they would sell me red coral mushroom polyps for $5 each is this good they havent ever done me wrong before. Also will these multiply and if so how fast? :notsure:
They also have some that are not atached to rocks and are just in the sand bed would i be able to put these wher i want them and they will attach?

jerth6932

you just either use some mess netting to hold in place, or if you can use a loose rubberband that will not mash the polp to bad you can do that too, to get it to say where you want it to!! They even have under water glue, that you can use!

bozfamily

they have frags with anywher from 5 to 20 polyps but im most imterested in the individuals so i can put them on the rocks i already have and wher i want them.
So do you think its a good price? by the way the are about the size of a half dollar

jerth6932

Originally Posted by bozfamily
they have frags with anywher from 5 to 20 polyps but im most imterested in the individuals so i can put them on the rocks i already have and wher i want them.
So do you think its a good price? by the way the are about the size of a half dollar
mine sale the single ones for 3.50 a peice on the shrooms, but five isnt too bad.... But if it was me I would fill gaps with zoo's, I love the color and shape/varitey better!!

stanlalee

not a great price, not horribly bad for a local store. I think a mushroom rock might be a better deal. Mine was $45 (blue shrooms) and had 12 mushrooms (not to mention the rock itself and hitchikers that come along with it).

hagfish

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
not a great price, not horribly bad for a local store. I think a mushroom rock might be a better deal. Mine was $45 (blue shrooms) and had 12 mushrooms (not to mention the rock itself and hitchikers that come along with it).
I agree. It sounds like a fairly standard color so that's a mid-high range price probably. But not surprising for a single polyp. You'll do better to buy a colony probably, especially since you'd get the rock they come on too. But if you just like the color of the shrooms, buy 1-2 of them. They will spread pretty quickly if your conditions are good.