Mushrooms for trade in SOCal

smoney

Well, this mostly seems like a midwest/east coast site, but I was wondering if anyone was in so cal for local trading. I have these little mushrooms that are Reddish Purplish mushrooms. Their are about 4-5 that are like a 1/2" each. I also have a frilly mushroom polyp thats like maybe 2". It has flouresent green tips.
Looking for trading local. Will trade for pulsing xenia, zoos, and other offers. Let me know.
I live in Valencia, near Magic Mountain

robpsca

Hey Money.
we have a nice clove polyp frag almost ready. it has 6 polyps.
interested. were in palm springs

robpsca

Originally Posted by SMoney
Sorry, Im not a fan of clove polyps.
lol gottcha. our recordias are arriving tomorrow. a blue and green both have 4 or 5 mouths on them. when they do split. ill have /-10 so i can trade ya for some of those. IF your interested

ghiggi

Just in case you didn't know, I thought you might be interested in knowing about the "2006 SouthWestern Coral Farmers Market" being held on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 9 am to 4 pm at the Ontario California

[hr]
Airport Hotel - Located near the Ontario California Airport which is about 1 hour east of LAX.
Could be worth the drive if you're interested.
www.sw-cfm.com is their informational site.

robpsca

Originally Posted by ghiggi
Just in case you didn't know, I thought you might be interested in knowing about the "2006 SouthWestern Coral Farmers Market"
being held on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 9 am to 4 pm at the Ontario California

[hr]
Airport Hotel - Located near the Ontario California Airport which is about 1 hour east of LAX.
Hi GH.
thank you. and yes we know about it. CANT WAIT
are you going to be there as well?/

smoney

Originally Posted by ghiggi
Just in case you didn't know, I thought you might be interested in knowing about the "2006 SouthWestern Coral Farmers Market"
being held on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 9 am to 4 pm at the Ontario California

[hr]

Hey Ghiggi, thanks man, I didnt know about that, what do you do at those things? I have never been? What exactly is it?

ghiggi

SMoney, sorry it took awhile to get back to you.
The Coral Farmers Market is like a flea market for corals. Different vendors and individuals rent booths and sell their stuff. This particular market will have vendors from all over the Southwest, (California, Utah, Arizona, Nevada). This means you will have a larger selection of corals and supplies to choose from in one place.
Besides the vendors selling corals, it's a great place to meet other people who might be interested in trading with you.
Unfortunately, I have other plans for that weekend, so I won't be attending. Let me know how it was, if you go.

smoney

Im going to ask my buddy if he wants to go with me and that would be cool. Are the corals cheap like they are in flea markets?

jilet

Hey smoney i live in valencia too and was looking for someone to trade with let me know if ur still wanting to trade.

smoney

I dont have those mushrooms anymore, I traded them, But we should keep in touch. I have some blue mushrooms that are starting to split(finally), and some other really neat mushrooms that are like metallic green in the middle and purplish on the outside. Right now I am getting into the zoos, so that should be cool too.

jilet

nice, yeh that would be cool. how big is your tank and where abouts u at, iam at castaic just up the street from magic mountain. Also where do u usally go for corals and equipment, so expensive up here.

smoney

I have a 50 gallon tank, with like 100+lbs of liverock, and I am just breaking into the corals. I have some zoos, mushrooms, frogspawn, hammercoral, a few leathers. I live right over here by the mall. I dont go to the seascapes or the tropical fish, they are quite expensive, because valencia is expensive. I go to rainbow pet in the san fernando valley, which has some cheap prices(well, relatively cheap for the hobby), this place in thousand oaks called Tat's which has some nice corals and such, Vivid Aquariums have some nice corals(San Fernando valley). Most of the stores are in the san fernando valley.

jilet

yeh i been to all those places, but not tats where in thousand oks do you have the phone # thanks and also what kind of lighting do you use, i have 4 65watt compact flor. dont know if this is enough, my torch is not opening as it use to.

jilet

thanks that helps lot, start going to couple of these places. I have 55g. w/ 260watts of power compact. have bakpak reef ready skimmer and also run canister filter, with two power heads