Music Thread

mike22cha

Well there hasn't been one for a while. What kind of songs are your favorites? Got a fav artist or a perfered genre?
Right now I'm listening to:
-Tick Tick Boom by The Hives
-Rockstar- Nickelback
-Bleed it Out- Linkin Park
-Faint-Linkin Park
-Pretender- Foo Fighters

mr. guitar

Favorite Songs...
"Run, Don't Get Weary"
"The Drinking Song" (About being "drunk" with the Holy Spirit...Oh yeah!)
"I've Got the Victory"
"Churchin' " (Praise Break song)
"Enter In"
"Until Then"
"Have You Got It Like the Bible Says?"
-All of those are sung by Pastor Tommy Bates and his church
My favorite genre of music is of course Christian! That's all I listen to anyway. :)

kevin34

red hot chili peppers, the white stripes, zeppelin, shinedown, aerosmith and wolfmother are my favorites. I have been listening to the white stripes pretty much non stop for a while now though. lol
Jack White= legend

alix2.0

marilyn manson always and forever, black sabbath, ozzy, nine inch nails, mindless self indulgence, slayer, misfits, the birthday massacre, velvet acid christ, bauhaus, red hot chili peppers, eminem, jack off jill, just to name a few.

jisushika

erm, j-pop, k-pop, Ayumi Hamasaki, Se7en, Shinhwa, Dong Bang Shin Ki, Takashi Fuji, Jinusean and ...Linkin Park

happyvac

Bah, I'm not even gonna try and cover all the music I like...I like most genres (have never been able to tolerate screaming music) but here's a few...
Beck, Led Zeppelin, Kid Koala, Public Enemy, The Roots, Daft Punk, Mastodon, Barry White, John Legend, The Killers, U2, Sigur Ros, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Nat King Cole, John Coltrane, Louie Armstrong, Mogwai, Hank Williams, Houdini...
There's something in almost every genre.
Favorite song might be "Wonderful World" by Mr. Armstrong because it consistently cheers me up.

dragonzim

I'll give just about anything except country and rap a fair shot but I do feel that most of what's out there today is crap.
Some of my favorites include: Rush, Yes, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Phish, Blues Traveler, Cream, Floyd, Great Big Sea, Sublime, 311.
I would say that of the newer bands out there, Linkin Park is pretty good. Other than that, there isnt much...

clown boy

Mutiny on the Sea - just awsome!
As far as lyrics goes, I'd have to say Be Thou My Vison - just a beautiful song.
Also like Adventure Island.
Oh, and then there's the music of the Firing RoomLunar Theater!

mike22cha

Originally Posted by HappyVac
Bah, I'm not even gonna try and cover all the music I like...I like most genres (have never been able to tolerate screaming music) but here's a few...
Beck, Led Zeppelin, Kid Koala, Public Enemy, The Roots, Daft Punk, Mastodon, Barry White, John Legend, The Killers, U2, Sigur Ros, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Nat King Cole, John Coltrane, Louie Armstrong, Mogwai, Hank Williams, Houdini...
There's something in almost every genre.
Favorite song might be "Wonderful World" by Mr. Armstrong because it consistently cheers me up.
Yes we got another U2 fan on here! Awesome band. My fav's are "Saints are Coming" with Green Day, and "Vertigo".

shogun323

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Jack White= legend
I have never personally understood the allure of the White Stripes. I have always thought that Jack plays like a baby with broken fingers. I will have to listen to more of there stuff I guess and give em a fair chance. I am off to Itunes!!!!!

limitedslip

pretty much anything by Army of the Pharohs and Demigods and all their solo projects. (7L, esoteric, reef the lost cauze, cheif kamachi, vinnie paz, apathy, celpth titled, outerspace, kingsyzed).
and I'm still listening to del the funky homosapein, I'll never get tired of his music. Gotta love his Deltron 3030 cd

shogun323

Originally Posted by Limitedslip
and I'm still listening to del the funky homosapein, I'll never get tired of his music.
Wow, blast from the past!!!!
I havent heard of Del in forever!!!

shogun323

I listen to a bit of everything so bear with me. Right now in my rotation I have......
Brother Jack McDuff
Minus the Bear
Muse
Incubus
Rodrigo y Gabriella
Grateful Dead
Medeski Martin & Wood w/ John Scofield

kevin34

Originally Posted by shogun323
I have never personally understood the allure of the White Stripes. I have always thought that Jack plays like a baby with broken fingers. I will have to listen to more of there stuff I guess and give em a fair chance. I am off to Itunes!!!!!
Ya it did take me a while to warm up to him but once I really started listening to the White Stripes he grew on me fast. I think some of his live stuff put him over the top for me. Especially his slide playing.

nigerbang

Music....Lets see..
Tiger Army, Nekromantix, Mad Sin, Social D, 36 Crazyfists, Poison The Well, Heaven Shall Burn, Life Of Agony....The list could go on...Thats what I have in rotation right now though..

limitedslip

Originally Posted by shogun323
Wow, blast from the past!!!!
I havent heard of Del in forever!!!
actually, he's still makin music, he was here 2 days ago for a concert

heartben

i used to run sound at a local venue and i got to see a lot of awesome bands there...
i like mostly metal and hip hop with some sort of alternative rock/screamo thrown in.
at the top of my list usually is - thrice, between the buried and me, poison the well, as cities burn, busdriver, gym class heroes, atmosphere, jackson 5...the usual.
i also like M.S.I. fun stuff...
i like most stuff, i dont care what it is - if it hits my ears right, ill listen to it.