Musicians??

mfp1016

Just wondering if anyone out there on the boards plays any kind of instruments. To start things off:
I've been playing drums now for 10 years now on and off. I like to play fusion, and funk; unfortunately I'm cursed by the fact that I cannot play a decent rock beat to save my life for some reason (its kept me out of a lot of bands). However, I have been lucky enough to play a good amount of music with some open-minded people. I also started playing classical piano, namely Bach, and Mozart.
Now its your turn....
Also, try to share some of your influences...

clown boy

Our family has always been very musical. Here is the list of the instruments in our household:
5 Guitars
2 Keyboards
1 Piano
4 Violins
2 Flutes
1 Trombone
2 Harmonicas
My dad played drums for...oh... uh.... {thinking}.............
...................about 15 years.

clown boy

Influences? John Williams, Benjamin Botkin, David Kneupper, and Mark Petrie. I'm sure there's more...

mr. guitar

I've played the guitar for 4 years. I'm a fingerstyle guitar picker. WOOO. lol.
Influences are Doyle Dykes and Chet Atkins.
I can also play the piano, dulcimer, and an Indian Flute (which is awesome...hahaha)

kevin34

I play the drums and am in a band. I like to play rock/classic rock/funk. My influences are Chad Smith and John Bonham. Jack White and John Frusciante have inspired me to learn guitar.

meleerock

I play guitar and have been for about 8 years or so. I have been in about 4 bands but nothing too serious. I am not currently in one though.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by MeleeRock
I play guitar and have been for about 8 years or so. I have been in about 4 bands but nothing too serious. I am not currently in one though.

I'm to good for a band...I'm a one man band.

You're to good for a band to my friend!

indyws6

Greetings

I played alto and tenor sax until high school, but then switched to drums. First snare, then trio toms and then a set - never was "great", but it was fun. My only claim to fame (albeit lame) is that for a short time in High School, I played on the drum squad with Dane Clark - the current drummer for John Mellencamp and the guy you saw on TV playing before the NFL season-opening Colts game.
I have played guitar for about 20 years, but was never anything more than a "rhythm player in a garage band" caliber person. Still enjoyable to knock off the dust and play along with some Dokken, Ozzy (R. Rhoads) and my favorite, Tesla (Frankie and the boys ROCK)!
1962 Gibson SG Jr

1988 Gibson Q3000 Custom Shop Edition
Washburn EC-29
Carvin 4x12 cabinets w/Peavey Scorpion Plus speakers
60 watt Peavey rack-mount tube power amp
Digitech GSP-29 Effect Processor
Alesis Midiverb III
Tube Screamer (Original)

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by indyws6
1962 Gibson SG Jr

1988 Gibson Q3000 Custom Shop Edition
Washburn EC-29
Carvin 4x12 cabinets w/Peavey Scorpion Plus speakers
60 watt Peavey rack-mount tube power amp
Digitech GSP-29 Effect Processor
Alesis Midiverb III
Tube Screamer (Original)
Sweet rig! I don't know what some of those things are but awesome!

I have an Alveraz (Spelling?) Acoustic, Ibanez Acoustic/Electric, and a Taylor T5. They are amazing!

ric maniac

ive played the violin for about 6 years now. i own 1 electric and an exact copy ofa stradivarius (sp) i dont have any influences i just love the way it sounds. i can also play the drums and the cello but i prefer the violin.