My 125

pegasus

Very nice.

Very jealous.
Don't be jealous, Kristin... be determined. Most reef tanks take at least a year before they start developing into anything resembling a reef. It's a long, slow process... just as nature intended. Coral reefs don't happen overnight in the wild, but fortunately, we humans can speed up the process in our glass boxes. Even then, it has to be done gradually, and sometimes painfully slow. Patience and knowledge are the keys to success...

jeffk

Don't be jealous, Kristin... be determined. Most reef tanks take at least a year before they start developing into anything resembling a reef. It's a long, slow process... just as nature intended. Coral reefs don't happen overnight in the wild, but fortunately, we humans can speed up the process in our glass boxes. Even then, it has to be done gradually, and sometimes painfully slow. Patience and knowledge are the keys to success...
Very well said, Pegasus. All I can say is don't get in a hurry, ask a ton of questions and have patience. I have at least 3 go to people, who have been in the hobby for a at least a decade now, for questions. I am always up for suggestions and to help others wherever I can.

Here is the same tank a few hours after setup. It has come a long ways from 14 months ago, but its still not where I want it.
10492548_10154415887110354_7006006033577852824_n.jpg

Thank you everybody for your nice comments! I like to think doing I'm things right, but who knows. :)

pegasus

While the basics are practically all the same, no two tanks are alike. Things that work for one hobbyist may not work for another. The secret to being successful in this hobby is to gather as much information as possible, try different things, and find what works best for your system. Jeff, whatever you're doing is working for your tank, so you must be doing it right... lol!