My 125g Diary

drdingo21

Originally Posted by BRIAND7878
http:///forum/post/2972791
Its time for some update shots.
I know, I was just thinking that.
Tank is looking nice. Please get your dog a haircut. Why is he wearing a cone?
He just got neutered and could stop licking. That's also why he needs a hair cut.
We just got back from Vacation. The tank is cycling now.
I know the sump is too small. I was going to go with a 55 gal but I ended up selling it. I will upgrade eventually.
Brian - When you getting back? It's getting nice here. I already regret selling my bike..

briand7878

I get back on vacation April 24th and my end date here is August 29th. This place sucks, i'm ready for a vaca. I dont miss my bike at all, I like saving a monthly payment. ha ha
PS where are the pics?

drdingo21

I don't have a full tank shot but I did get a lion and an eel over the weekend.
Both are eating and seem to be doing great!
The fishes

I'm also having an issue with algae, what CUC should I get? I currently have 12 tiny blue legged hermits in there...
Pic

E

eric b 125

i like nass snails a lot, but your crabs may get to them. you might just need some more flow in your tank. what kind of filtration and powerheads do you have?

drdingo21

Thanks!
It's a mag 950 being fed into two return pipes. Those two are aimed down at the sand and it is still growing there...
That picture was taken a few days ago - now there is a blanket of brown over everything - which leads me to belive it's not a flow issue...
Another point - It started to appear at the tail end of the cycle. There was no food being fed.
Comments, thoughts?

small triggers

could be cyno if its looking like a mat? i thought just diatoms? what are your water parameters? and its a 950gph pump at what head??? I have 2x 1200gph at a 3 ft head which makes them only like 956gph each out of the 3returns (i have a 150g)

briand7878

Looks like diatoms to me. The fish look great, good job with them. If i were you id get to hydors and put them on the ends to create some killer turbulence. By the way, the tang in my avatar comited suicide the other day. Thats the only reason i bought the 220. Im not very happy.. ha ha