My 16 Gallon Nuvo

B

bigtankbigfish

Bought this 16 gallon Nuvo off craigslist a few weeks ago. Downsizing from my 125 gallon due to work/personal life, mainly because Ill be a daddy in 2 weeks :)
Tank itself was in perfect shape. Came with 3 of the skkye LED lights instead of the 2. Also came with the upgraded spin stream return nozzles which are pretty cool and get the water moving.
As far as filtration right now Im only using the mechanical foam filters that come with the tank. I keep a bag of carbon in one chamber. I have been debating between using a nano skimmer like the JBJ or the Innovative marine that is designed for this particular tank. Problem is Im finding so many mixed reviews on both. Right now Im leaning toward foregoing the skimmer and making a little Fuge with chaeto. Any advice on which would be more beneficial Id love to hear.
Also just got my Vortech MP10 yesterday and all I can say is wow. This little thing is incredible. I can only run it on low, any more and creates a disaster of sand.
Only coral I have now is my kenya trees, Next move is to get a pair of clowns and a small CuC. After that I will start grabbing a couple little frags.
Anyway here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZB_jeIu3zw&feature=youtu.be

clink51

Tank looks awesome! I like the Kenya Trees, simple but nice. Do they get attached to a rock or planted?

B

bigtankbigfish

Thanks. Ive mad a few changes since this pic. Added more rock, also added a pair of baby Black Clownfish. The kenya trees will attach to the rocks or they will even grow in the sand. I am in the process of trading some of these colonies for frags of other corals now with other reef keepers.

B

bigtankbigfish

I actually had that skimmer in my shed for a while from an old tank. I decided not to use it. It was too noisy. Im going to get the IM nano reactor for it and just run carbon and purigen or chemipure.

The MP10 is awesome. I can only use on a low setting. Usually run it about 25-33% its capability. I usually do the wave setting to get the kenya trees swaying back and forth.