My 1st 'Nano' Tank: 28G JBJ CF-QUAD Diary

Hey guys
It's my first nano tank and I am afraid I will have them all over my house now because I am sure they will be as addicting as my 55 gallon
. So anyway, I just added my LR and sand yesterday. The cycling process is underway!

Here are a few of my projected specimens:
Two Black Oscellaris Clowns
Bubble anemone
various corals (doing my research)
skunk cleaner shrimp (1 or 2)
clean up crew
blue linckia starfish
blue/purple maxima clam
Replys and feedback are very much appreciated

hey guys and gals
here are the very first pics of my first nano tank!
hope you enjoy. it took me forever to get my LR structure how I wanted it

nwdyr

LR looks awesome!!!
From the front shot...on the left , the rock looks like King Kong , with his arms stretched out!!! lol really look at it. VERY nice work , I wont have any LR to play with
I am going to put some in mine from my other little 14gal tank. Cant find any LR for sale cheap...Might HAVE to go to the LFS

thanks guys

well it's just a start. the rock is very stable. the pieces fit like legos fortunately. I have one very large piece that has a ton of flat surface area.
It's gonna be pretty boring for a few weeks but once I get establishment, it will indeed blossom. I am gonna use water from my 55G display tank's water changes to help speed up the cycle.

nicki94ta

I'm looking at buying the Nano Cube CF-Quad 28 gallon tank. I have had a nano tank for about 5 years now and it's an ugle tank and I'm ready to upgrade. Do you like this tank so far? Is the color black or a dark gray. LKast question, how long will it take to cycle? Any help you can give me will be great!!! Thank so much!!!

Im really thinking about getting one of these. I have heard some people who think the glass tops will trap to much heat with the MH assembly. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Im hoping to turn it into a 29g reef paradise...:)

hey guys
well I am on day 19 of the cycle and things are going well. I will post pictures tomorrow of my filtration set up.
I have a few updates that I would like to share...
I have an abundance of life growing in my new nano tank considering I have no added anything but live sand and rock.
The most noticable organism that I have seen are tiny snowflake like cratures on my glass. They resemble snowflakes and are attahced to the glass. Their arms/tenacles are waving in the water. I have no idea what they are but if anyone does, please fill me in.
My ammonia has spiked and so has my nitrites. My nitrates are at 40 ppm. Getting close to being fully cycled.

Originally Posted by The Bro
http:///forum/post/3250261
Nice Setup! The rock work is nothing less than awesome. Keep the pics coming of your progress!
Thanks Bro! I will be posting more pix tomorrow of my filtration and in 2 weeks I will post by LED conversion. Then soon thereafter I will be adding my critters :)

Hey guys
I would like to share my filtration setup. Please feel free to make suggestions and comments as this is my first nano setup.
The first picture will show a drawing of my filtration layout. If you are unable to see the real picture clearly, then you will be able to follow my layout better with the paint illustration.
The second picture shows the real picture of the back of my tank and the filtration media.
The thrid picture shows my 10W LED flood light used as a chaeto light. (found it at work)
Check'em out

Well I just confirmed my order for the first batch of critters...

On friday I will be getting two black and white ocellaris clowns, two astria snails, ten assorted hermits, one halloween hermit, and one emerald crab.
I figured that would get me off to a good start

shew, christmas comes fast!

Well it has been exaclty 4 weeks since I strated my nano tank and here are my water parameters (for those of you who give a s***) :)
pH:8.4
Temp:79
Salinity: 1.024
Ammonia/Nitrites/Nitrates: 0ppm
Phospahtes: 0ppm
I believe that will do

nissan577

it seems like you had a cycle and everything!
great job i must say. question about your setup. why do you have a double filter floss over the chaeto???? the first one were the water comes in is enough. i would remove the other one