My 2 new kudas are here!!

monalisa

They're acclimating yet, and will be for another 45 minutes or so. I'm also acclimating an adorable pair of rusty clown gobies for my reef (wow, largest clown gobies I've ever seen...which is WHY they're going in the reef, at least for now!!).
It's really hard to know exactly what color my new horses are...shipping, acclimating... stress... right now they look pretty black. I guess the next few days will tell. I'm just a little worried about one of the horses...doesn't seem as active as the other, but then that seems to be how this always works out. Time will tell.
Pictures when I can.
Lisa

teresaq

congrats, I was wonder who would be the first to order some. If I can sell my other light, I may break down and order two.

monalisa

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
congrats, I was wonder who would be the first to order some. If I can sell my other light, I may break down and order two.

I couldn't resist the awesome picture posted...

Seriously...I'm SO excited, and I can't wait to see how Navajo and Inca react to the new "little" ones... not as "little" as I expected, but very nice!!
Lisa

monalisa

When I went in to feed the horses this morning, one of the little ones was waiting by the dish, the other one out and about just checking things out and heading for the dish after I left. They both look great this morning!! I gave Navajo a little thumbs up for her parenting skills. She rocks!
I also checked the reef for my 1 little rusties, and they look really good as well. I hope the other fish will get along with them.
Lisa

monalisa

First, let me preface this post by saying that I went in to take pictures of my 2 new additions, but the batteries were about as dead as could be...hopefully I'll get some pictures later.
I don't know yet what color my 2 new "girls" are going to be...I use quotations because as we all know, my track record for determining this in such young horses is not the best. Tonight it looks like they may be leaning towards yellow...but like I said, it's still hard to tell. I don't really care, as long as they're healthy.
They sure are adding a lot of movement to my sh tank. They're out and exploring, and in turn Navajo is out and keeping an eye on them. Even Inca seems to be wandering out of her usual spots... it's very nice to see all those horses out and wandering about the tank again.
I've decided on names for my new little ones. The larger of the 2 (and I snicker when I say large) will be named Aztec, and the smaller will again be named Maya. I've decided to retire the name Apache... since there'll just never be another one like him (especially since I'm praying for them to be all females!!). He was magnificent.
That's it for now, hopefully I can get pictures later.
Lisa

monalisa

I spent the evening watching my sh tank. I was really curious to see what the little ones do when the blues go off and it's time for bed. Just before lights out, Navajo made a bee-line for Maya, hitched tails and headed for the weeds. Aztec was on the other side of the tank at that time, lowered herself and hitched. I went in a minute or two later, and Navajo had herself hitched right where both babies could see her. I'm sure that by morning she'll have both babies hitched in her sight and in the weeds. She's such a good mama. Inca, on the other hand is hitched in her normal sleeping place...I don't think she likes babysitting just yet... teens!
It's been a very fun evening for me...yeah, I know...get a life.

Lisa