MY 37 gallon Collumn tank.

dave espi

SI I figure it would be nice fer some of ya to see me and my 37 gal. 18 x 20 x 25 H It is one of my 8 tanks, but is my fave by far.
it runns with a plethora of Liverock varieties, 3 inch LSB aragonite/oolitic mix with a 1/4 inch lift plennumn.
250 W Iwasaki 67K MH w 2 32 W PC actinics. One PC remains on 24/7 the other for 12 hours with the Halide on for 10 in a CSL Prizim pendant ( AWESOME FIXTURE)
32 varous corals, SPS, LPS, Soft, Coralimorphs, actiniodiscus, zooanthids, Gorgonians, Xenia, GSP, and featherdusters. 2 + dozen various snails, CBS and a pepermint, and 2 urchins.
Fish complement: Sailfin tang (3.5 inches) A mated pair Tomato Clowns, Six line Wrasse, Marine betta, and 2 electric blue damzels. this tank is 3 years running and has had only minor problems with Aiptasia, cyano and hair algae 6 months ago due to crappy salt mix I used when I was out of my regular.
I use RODI water and exclusively TROPIC MARIN or www.aquacraft.net Bio-SEA salt / Marine Environment.
oh and yeah,,,, the freek (me) is suffering from REEF INDUCED MADNESS... :D The tank runs purely on powerheads amd occasional skimming and diatom filter purification.
enjoy !

dave espi

I donno.... it was something I started doing 3 years ago as a night light. All my tanks have some form of night light. Now the corals seem to really like a "lunar cycle" per se. My fish dont get pestered, Snails go about their business, crabs dont "dissapear"coral polyp expansion is better in the daytime, and PH remains stable at 8.1 at night. I dont get it either, but some atinics on 24 hours makes my tanks happy.;)
so I dont mess with a good thing.

ryebread

Is your tang happy with all of that swimming room? Have you asked him lately?.............oops sorry, her.;)

dave espi

The tank is indeed a 37. it is a Perfecto. They only made about 400 of them. I would REALLY like to find another, but they are scarce at best.
TANG POLICE SIT DOWN. :p
The Tang is quite happy. It is a little chow hound and is healthy as an OX. Ive had him since he was the size of a quarter. It has a personality too. I can whistle like calling fer a dog, and it KNOWS dinner time !
there is TONS of swimming room and he does a marvelous job eating algaes. I add caluerpia from my other tanks occasionaly as a treat..... I cant get it to grow in there, he ate it all.. AND MY CHAETOMORPHIA !