My 375

marinelife

I have not posted much here so I thought I would start and give some info about my system.
I sold my 180, 300, sump, and several other fish items to purchase this tank
Tank Specs: Acrylic 375 Reef Ready 96x30x30 - Set-up on February 25, 2007
Lighting: 3 400W 240V 14000K MH
Circulation: I have two 6100 Tunze Stream Pumps, one on each side of the overflow connected to a controller. A Tunze WaveBox was purchased 12-25-2005. Iwaki 40RLXT as my return pushed 1200gph back into the tank for added circulation. A second wavebox will be added very soon.
Filtration: The overflow goes to a 55 gallon container that is 50% full of water with macro algae in it and a filter soak covering the output. I have 80watts of light over the top of it and this tank has 2 500w heaters in it controlled by a PinPoint Temp Controller. I have about over 1000LBS of Live Rock and 2" of Live Sand in the 375. The LS and LR have been in different tanks since 1995 so they are well matured. I have mixed sand, Some live and some not, all fine grain sand. I also used Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Reef Sand from Advance Aqua Tanks, This stuff works great. It makes up 50% or more of the sand in my tanks. It is cheaper than most Live Sand. My Live Rock is a mix of Premium Fiji, Pohnpei, Marshall Island, Caribbean, and Kaelini Tonga Ultra. I use Instant Ocean Reef Crystals for my mix.
Extras: PRECISION MARINE 6 X 24 CALCIUM REACTOR W/EHIM PUMP. This is used to keep my CA and ALK up. In May 2007 I purchased a JBJ Arctica 1/3 HP Inline Chiller that I run off the return
Additives: I use a CA Reactor for Calcium and Alkalinity (started using 12/2001). I use a Formula One, Formula Two, and Angel Formula from Ocean Nutritionand Frozen Spirulina Enriched Brine Shrimp by San Francisco Bay Brand. I feed one cube once a day. I also have Cyclop-eeze that I feed a few times a week along with Nori Seaweed. I soak all the food in Selcon by American Marine Inc and Vita-Chem by Boyd Enterprise Inc. I use Instant Ocean Reef Crystel for my mix.
Critters: Hippo Tang (donated to me by a friend in 2005), Hippo Tang (purchased June 1995), 3 Green Chromis (purchased 1/2001), 1 chromis (added May 2007), Orange Shoulder Tang (April 27, 2007), 2 6-line Wrasse (male and female purchased 1/2006), Chocolate Tang (May 2007), Red Sea Emperor Angel (June 14 2007), African Desjardini Tang (June 14 2007), Sailfin Tang (May 2007), Flame Fin Tomini Tang (May 2007), Coral Beauty (May 2007), several Serpent Stars, few Hermit Crabs, few snails, Variety of mushrooms, Acroporas, Montiporas, Button Polyps, Turbinaria, Montipora foliosa, Fire Coral, Derasa Clam( 5/2001), Crocea Clam (3/2006), Tear Drop Maxima (5/2006), Second Derasa Clam (8/2006) some Macroalgae, other SPS Corals and more. There is also a few other crabs and items growing on the rocks.
Maintenance: Clean the front and side panel every few weeks. Water change on the 15th of the month and on the last day of the month. Clean the filter soak every 3 days.
Other info: The tank was purchased with several scratches but I used an underwater sander kit and cleaned it right up. I still need to run the kit one more time.
These picture are of how the tank is right now, I still have lots to do on the stand and canopy and I need to add the second wavebox to help get rid of the red algae.

More pictures can be found here
http://www.marinelifeweb.com

rbrockm1

i love how you have you aquascaping. big on one side and then gradually goes down. thats what i wanted to do with my tank but its to small epsecially compared to yours

marinelife

I did that with the rocks because when you walk in the front door you see the end of the tank with the clams. It has worked out great.
I got the tank used locally for $500 with tank, unfinished stand, sump, and return pump. The tank was in bad shape and I had to get a scratch remover kit to remove them, I am almost 100% complete with that and have been working on the stand and canopy. I sold off the return pump because it was to large.

marinelife

The sad thing is I did loss 90% of my fish a month after the change, I somehow got Marine Velvet. I lost a 9 year old Purple tang, 5 year old Emperor Angel, 6 year old White-faced Tang, 5 year old Rabbitfish, 5 year old unknown Tang, mandarinfish, and several 7 year old chomis

brandan

Wow. I think that if the only thing in there was your rock, it would still look awesome. I absolutely love the rockwork. . .