My 55 Gallon Tank

rgaynor81

About 7 Months Ago I Built A In The Wall Tank. Here Is A List Of The Equiment Im Runing And Some Pics. Let Me No How Everthing Looks.tank Is Still Cycleing. 100lbs Of Live Rock, 50 Lbs Of Live Sand, 65 Gallon Coralife Skimmer, Wet/dry Filter W/bio Balls, Via Aqua Titamuim In Sump Heater, 8 Watt Lifegard Uv Sterilizer, Ocean Pluse Duo Wave Maker, 2-#2 Hydor Koralia Power Heads And 48" Pc Light Until My Mh Light Comes In.

ick

I love how you're able to see the entire tank - from both sides!!
Great work! Keep us updated!

chasar

Nice looking tank. Love the in wall view from both sides factor. What do you plan to stock with? Reef? FOWLR?

maryg

Yeah you should be fine. I had pretty much everything under my PC's. If you buy any hard corals just put them up high.

ci11337

you can remove the bioballs, your LR and LS will take care of bio filtration. Make sure you have some kind of pad for dirt removal and a place to run carbon. Also if you can try and get some cheato in your sump with a little clip on light or something, this will compete with algea in your DT.

prime311

Chaeto is a macroalgae commonly used to leech Phosphates and Nitrates from your tank. It is often preferred over other types of macroalgae beause it will not go s e x u a l and crash your tank.

rgaynor81

ok thanks. now is this something that can be bought in a local fish store and aslo ci11337 said to put it in the sump and buy a small light. is chaeto in small peices or something i dodnt have much room in sump.

todj2002

I have just recently purchasede some on the big auction website. with shipping it was 12 dollars for a sandwich bag full.

locoyo386

man it looks awsome, I do have a comment/question;
I noticed one side is stucko and the other side sort of a full wall decor? where do you access the tank from?

rgaynor81

if you look at pic 2 and 4 there are two access points in the top front in which both panels pop out. i use them to just test water add fish or whatever. and there is also the opening in the top for when i clean tank.it all works out good.

cglover226

looks real good... the only bad thing..... it's making me want to start building something like it and i have no more room and $$!!!! keep us updated

locoyo386

Originally Posted by rgaynor81
http:///forum/post/2858727
if you look at pic 2 and 4 there are two access points in the top front in which both panels pop out. i use them to just test water add fish or whatever. and there is also the opening in the top for when i clean tank.it all works out good.
I see it, awsome. I hope some day i will know enough to build a similar one.

1990jpyj

nice tank. i also have a 55g and i have all HOB filters. i was wondering what kind of filters you have and where you got them. i cannot find anything that will fit my needs, but everything you have looks really nice. so any help would be great.

rgaynor81

at the top of my tread i listed the equiment and brands i have. im not sure how many gallons the sump is but if you go to your local fish store you should be able to find everything.

1990jpyj

actually im mainly interested in the sump itself. i found everything else except for your sump system.
thanks