My 55g reef at 6 months

chandler04

Nice tank, although I do believe butterflies eat corals. He might get too big for that tank too. No harshness intended, but I wanted one myself for my 55. Cant, too small. Im sad, but I make up for it. Maybe a nice tang instead of the coral eating butterfly? Good job though, very nice looking. Tang would eat that algae too...

hurt

Chandler, at first at I had a yellow tang, but he grew fast and got very territorial, killed my first flame angel. The copperband never touches any of the corals. I guess I just got lucky with him (50-50). IMO the copperband needs less space, is not territorial like tangs can be, and mine doesn't mess with any of the corals.

hurt

MM, the tomato clown tollerates the percula. I have two bubble tips in the tank and the one the tomato is in is huge. So the percula will tend to leave his (smaller one) and try to get into the tomato's anenome. But for the most part, they really get along just fine.

hurt

Yep. The tank has a flame angel, copperband butterfly, tomato, percula, and clarkii clowns. I have a 100 lbs. LR, 2 in LS bed, protein skimmer, and refugium on the way. Here's the Clarkii with a torch coral on the right and shrooms in top left.

hnf2k

damn, im jealous...ive got a 65 gallon tank at like 2 months without a single fish...i dont see how i can add that many fish in 4 months, but good job...your tank is very similar to how i planned mine. ive heard mixed things about flame angels, does yours eat corals?

hurt

I've had the tank now for 6 month's, but I bought it off of a friend who had the tank for about a year. I paid only $200. He bought a 125 and just wanted to get rid of it. This include the 100 lbs. of L.R. for which he paid $500 alone. Also besides the tank and L.R., he gave me the stand, an Emperor 330 filter, the LS, a cheap light, to of which I have upgraded. But, the point is the tank was established, and when we moved it I used about 80% of the water from his tank. My flame angel hasn't touched any of the corals. And I try to keep the clowns happy by having three anenomes in the tank, and one just split last night, so now I have 4 BTA.:D I just got my fuge today, so the tank is really starting to come together.