my 72 bow front

wablondie98664

i had to get rid of the 150 due to my apartments saying it was too big.:nope: oh well, i am happy with how the 72 is looking:)

I

ivanfj

Very nice pagoda coral in the middle. Love the shape of it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That is a nice rock formation there. I have a 72 as well. Why did you get a smaller tank?

I

irenicus

I had the same apartment issues, but I didn't downgrade, I had to replan my purchases. I had a plan to get a 220 from Glasscages but it fell through because there was a chance the tank would litterally fall through the apartment floor. So now i have a 72 Gallon BF I'm putting together.
Looks great. I'm excited to get mine up and running.

liontamer

You'd probably be better off with a smaller reef, cuz itll look more full, ya know? Thats my whole philosophy at least. Like, a huge reef is really hard to maintain, so I think the bigger tanks should be for "fish" tanks, lol.

bboersma79

wablondie98664 and Irenicus...
What type of systems are you running on your 72s...I am new to the hobby and plan on buying an Oceanic 72 reef ready system in the near future....I want to have the capabilities of a full reef w/ fish system...I was told 400W power compact lighting would be sufficient...I also plan on having live rock and live sand with a sump filtration system...any additional info on your set ups would be really helpful as I plan out my tank before making any purchases...
Thanks,
Brad
bboersma@babson.edu

pyro

Awesome tank!!!
My monitor shows horizontal stripes across your picture. I beleive it's your picture, but I'm not sure. Just curious, what do you think caused them. I know computer screens get similar effects on digital cameras due to the refresh rate, but I've never seen a fish tank that got those through film