My 75 build

crypt keeper

I still need about 30 more pounds of LR. Get some more this week coming up.
My next question is for you. The Fuge. For the cheato what light should I run? I have seen people run those reptile heat lamps but then what bulb do they use? How much live rock should I put down there?

crypt keeper

So I sold my blue face and I picked up the very small maybe 2.5 inches Emperor you all see in the pictures. The blue face was trying to kill him and the Emp is a very cool personable fish. The blue face just hides al day. The emp is all over and hangs out with my clowns. This fish eats everything I put in there. He took a week to get started but now its a machine. I had him qt for about 3 weeks.
Anyway. I have already started to buy the dry goods and equipment needed for my 180. This will be up and running next year this time.
My LFS has a 3 inch Blonde Naso Tang I was looking at. I may be pushing it with him though. Id like some fish I can transfer over to the 180 next year. I was looking at a scribbled angel or blue line. Both stay smaller and I would buy them at smaller sizes.
Again all fish 3 inches and under. Will be upgrading.
Fish Id like to add.
Flame Angel.
Scribbled Angel
Blue line Angel
Blonde Naso Tang
Any othe rideas.
Current List. 2.5 inch Emp Angel
2 inch Clown 1.5 Inch clown.
My tank is nakid. Yes Its spelled wrong

R

rcreations

Careful with the Naso tang, they are pretty fast growers and they like lots of room to swim. I don't think even a small one would be happy in a 75gal for a year. Flame angel would be ok. In my opinion 2 large angels in a 75 will more than likely result in agression. How about a cute puffer? Maybe a small star and stripes. They're personable and you can tranfer it over to the 180.

small triggers

the new tank is turning out well, and im sure youve learned from last time. I hope everything goes good in this one, i would wait on the others (or get them and put them in the QT) until you put more LR in the tank,,, yep its

[hr]

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by premilove
http:///forum/post/3022424
that is one nice emperor angel! idk do you regret selling the blue face?
No. Not now. Before I bought the Emp I would haved. But the Emp. is just as gorgeous and actually hangs out. The blueface man, I had to sit still for 5 minutes and wait for him to come out like a big whimp. Once he was out he was cool, but if the dog moved or I sneezed. Forget it. The tank is very active with just those 3 fish in it. I may just get one other fish. 45 more pounds of live rock. Get my lights changed out to support an anemone and call it a tank.

it's chuck

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3021886
So I sold my blue face and I picked up the very small maybe 2.5 inches Emperor you all see in the pictures. The blue face was trying to kill him and the Emp is a very cool personable fish. The blue face just hides al day. The emp is all over and hangs out with my clowns. This fish eats everything I put in there. He took a week to get started but now its a machine. I had him qt for about 3 weeks.
Anyway. I have already started to buy the dry goods and equipment needed for my 180. This will be up and running next year this time.
My LFS has a 3 inch Blonde Naso Tang I was looking at. I may be pushing it with him though. Id like some fish I can transfer over to the 180 next year. I was looking at a scribbled angel or blue line. Both stay smaller and I would buy them at smaller sizes.
Again all fish 3 inches and under. Will be upgrading.
Fish Id like to add.
Flame Angel.
Scribbled Angel
Blue line Angel
Blonde Naso Tang
Any othe rideas.
Current List. 2.5 inch Emp Angel
2 inch Clown 1.5 Inch clown.
My tank is nakid. Yes Its spelled wrong
Good luck finding a blueline or scribbled that small, everyone I have seen available has been in the 5 to 7 inch range. Also when is Al day I have a buddy named Al and I am sure he'd like to know about it

crypt keeper

I appreciate the luck. I have found a scribbled that small and the blueline. I can get a blue line juvi right now.
I can als get a Annularis juvi now. i just dont know how hardy they are. Im going to wait and upgrade to the 180.

crypt keeper

added more rock. Everything is doing great. Coraline is taking off. The skimmer is a monster. I will have my fuge set up this weekend I hope. I planning on 1 more fish. Im thinking flame angel again.
Any ideas?

cufishfan

Tank's looking great! And I definitely vote for the Flame- I also have a 75 Oceanic and just got a Flame Angel a few weeks ago and is doing great- eating flake and frozen food and staying away from my corals.
Where do you shop normally? I was in Rockville, but I'm moving to NoVA this weekend and wondering if there's a good place I don't know about. I've been going to Tropical Fish World, Congressional Aquarium and Aquarium One.
Black Cobra- can you recommend any LFS near Arlington?
Good luck! Keep posting pictures!

crypt keeper

Well. Picked up a bi color today. He is about 2 inches. Gorgeous fish. I bought prazipro just in case.
I have heard mixed reviews about them. Some say they are hardy some say not so much. I was debating on the flame but I had one before. Plus the bi color was only $25. See how it goes. Pics soon once acclimated

salt life

lol my bad, right when I posted that the page refreshed and I saw a pic of him, looks like he is getting bigger?

crypt keeper

yeah. I feed him damsels every once in a while but i got him on frozen food. I get squid octopus and shrimp from the store. He destroys it. I cant keep up with him wanting food. I fill up his belly then wait till it goes down. Normally 3 days and he is ready again.

crypt keeper

that picture just happened to happen. It was crazy. I never saw the blueface. Only at night when i would turn off all lights in the room and leave his light on then sit back a few feet. Then he would come out and lurk.
The Bi color already ate. I was shocked. I threw some sinking plettes in. he gobbled them up. I will try and get some angel formula in there tomorrow.