My 75 gallon

jeffk

This is my 75 gallon tank. I wish I had taken a picture of this tank a year ago. It was a hair algae mess barely able to support fish. After seeking help from others in the hobby and listening to what they have to say (remember the veterans in this hobby have been through it already) I have a tank I am proud to show off. I will be upgrading the lighting once again over the next few months with a diy LED fixture to get the sides some more light. I can't wait to see how much the corals grow in a years time, as most of mine are still frags. I am hopeful in the next year to upgrade to a 125.

jeffk

Thank you for your positive comments! It has definitely been a learning process, and still learning. I'm hoping I can now help others achieve the tank they have in mind. My next project is a small sps tank. Time to start reading and learning again. Again, thank you for the positive comments!

snakeblitz33

SPS definitely are a bit harder to do, but it's obviously an attainable goal. Welcome to the forums, and I hope you can stick around to teach me a thing or two!

jeffk

Thanks! I have to admit this tank was so worth the 2 years of agony. I think I made every mistake possible along the way. There are no shortcuts in this hobby! That was a tough lesson to learn! My goal in 2014 is to upgrade to a 125 gallon. A six foot tank for plenty of room for tangs to swim laps. But, if that doesn't happen, my lfs with a 180 gallon display has agreed to take my eibli minic tang when it outgrows my tank.