My 7g minibow SPS & Zoos

footbag

Tank description...
7g minibow
Lighting : 70w DE 20k Metal Halide and a 32w Actinic
Filtration: 15g Macro, LS and LR refugium and sump fed by cs-50 overflow and returned by a 401 Powerhead
Top-off : automated by float
The tank has been set up since febuary of this year and I have been very happy with my progress. I may consider adding a skimmer, but it is unclear what effect it will have. I don't forsee a nutrient build up, as water changes are so easy, and my refugium should be able to handle that.
Possibly a Kalk reactor if I find my levels becoming unstable, but as with nutrients, I can always water change myself to a better Cal and ALK level. I'm using Oceanic salt and not planning on pushing the ALK any higher. A nessecary kalk additive atfter every water change would add an additional factor thats detriment may outweigh its benefit.
I am a fan of constructive criticism, so please comment!

saltcreep

Needs more zoos.......... Awsome nano!
Killer coraline growth!
OT...footbag. I finally got a pug!!!!! Cutest thing I ever did see.

footbag

I know it needs more zoos. It always need more zoos. I'm going to wait for some to grow in. I just went through three zoanthid orders, and about $700 later it still need more zoos.
OT Pugs are awesome. This guy, Spike, comes to work with me and is fairly well trained. Sure, he lifts his leg out of spite sometimes, but I can't bring myself to smack him. There great dogs though. Have any pics?

saltcreep

Yes, at work. I will attach em when I get back in. I have a Male Lhaso that lifts his leg on occasion. Male dogs are like that. Our pug is a baby girl though and we have had better luck in the past with females and the peeing thing.
Those zoos will spread in no time. I saw your other post on pod eaters and I dont know if a manderin goby will work in a 7 gallon. I do know most fish will eat pods if they see them.

C

caryn_ia

oooooohhhh! Those are awsome zoos! That's what I'm planning on for my six gal. Where did you get them(email if you have to cjd83@msn.com) Thanks. Great colors!

footbag

Yup, she looks like my little terror. Its funny how long he can hold onto a tablecloth [or your pantleg] without a breath.

saltcreep

Ha, I know it, The thing is a demon. Love her though. She sleeps with us and sleeps all night. She is really good so far. Destroying everything in the kitchen though:eek:

footbag

I finally found it... We had a professional photographer at work a while back. We didn't let him leave until he did us one favor.