my 90 starts soon

deejeff0442

Ok havnt had a tank in 3 yrs building my house. Some might remember i had a 250 reef for years. But for now i plan to start back with my 90 . My tank isnt drilled so what overflow is good these days? I have an eshopps and its too loud. I know ghost overflow is awesome but everyone is out of stock or 6 weeks to build one. So i have had a cpr which is where i am leaning now.

2quills

If I understand it correctly those ghost overflows also require drilling. BRS, has their own version as well called the synergy reef overflow.

Between the eshopps and cpr I think eshopps tends to be considered a little more reliable when it comes to external designs.

deejeff0442

Reef savvy makes from. What i hear the best but you cant find one. Takes 6 weeks to make one .also is made custom to the thickness of the glass and i am not sure when i will upgrade to a bigger tank. So dont want to spend 200 and down the road its useless. I have had both eshopps and cpr. Really didnt like either. I haven't kept up on new stuff surprised there arent more choices out there.

2quills

Yep, the Reef Savvy and the Synergy ones are just pre made Bean Animal overflows.

It looks like the boxes are magnetic. But both designs are capable of handling large amounts of flow. IMO, regardless of magnet size they would be easily modifiable to work on thicker glass by simply siliconing them in place.

deejeff0442

I have to look through my totes of equipment. I believe i have an eshopps set up. Maybe order the reef savvy then and swap them out. Probably be 2 weeks before i set the tank up. I could swap overflows after the cycle.

2quills

Just don't forget you will have to drill the tank if you go that route. I'd probably wait.

Can't tell if the reef savvy one comes with the drill bit. Looks like the BRS, one does.