My B&W and O&W clowns......

decided they WANTED to be together.......I had my 75g divided as my black & whites were tiny in comparison to my 2 false & 1 true prec.......Well last Saturday morning I got up and turned the lights on as usual and sat down waiting for the coffee to be ready

I look at the tank and see that the 2 BIG false percs jumped the barrier and were just chillin with the others
Oh I have to add that these 2 have appeared to be "paired" and were isolating the true from them and he had gotten to the other side and seemed to enjoy not being picked on by the b&w's so we let him stay there
So anyway I took the divider out and all of them are fine....not even nipping at each other or anything. We obviously are keeping a close eye on them all to ensure they ALL stay safe. They all seem to enjoy having the extra space too!

just thought I would share.....no bashing please, I know how some of u feel but my fish WANT to be together

perfectdark

Originally Posted by NyButterfly03
http:///forum/post/2536100
Im a chick dude.....the one in black

Just keep an eye on them... Its said that as long as they are ocellaris you can have them together but I think what sets these fish apart from eachother is what they look like. What I mean is I think that a black and white ocellaris paired with an orange and white ocellaris stand a greater chance of fighting than a perc and an ocellaris with similar colors and markings. I dont think they know more than what they see that one is a different species than the other. So while all are ocellaris by species, 2 look very different from eachother and that just might be enough to start issues, JMO. But its definatly worth a shot, they must look cool together.

They do all look really neat together....there are 3 of the b&w's 2 false & 1 true perc and they all seem to have their own "spots"
But I will keep a close eye for any issues and if they arise, the divider goes back in, no biggie

perfectdark

Originally Posted by NyButterfly03
http:///forum/post/2536127
They do all look really neat together....there are 3 of the b&w's 2 false & 1 true perc and they all seem to have their own "spots"
But I will keep a close eye for any issues and if they arise, the divider goes back in, no biggie
Good deal... now, after that I have to say....

my 3 B&W's with my true

almost everyone.....the true stuck his nose in last min so I only go tsome of him

everyone....but not staying still

All of them again.....they didnt know what was up and were being shy....they knew it wasnt time to eat. Enjoy!

Thanks jaypime!!!

All is still well with the clowns too.....they are a bunch of dorks really and never bother anyone......they have their own places to retreat too if they want to or all hang together so I am happy!