My beautiful car.......

has been smashed to pieces

I worked sooo hard to finally get this car....it was a 2003 Impala and I dont know if it can be repaired

We were on our way home from my mother's day dinner (trying to beat the Sunday crowds) we werent even 4 miles away from our place when this girl decided to gun it and make a left turn in front of us. I tried SO hard to avoid it....she didnt even hit her breaks and drove right into the front of our car. THANK GOD we werent any further into the intersection she would have T-boned the side of the car my daughter and I were on and things could have been SO much worse.
All 3 of my kids were in the car but no one was badly hurt just VERY scared
My soon-to-be in laws had it towed to the body shop they run and will help oversee all repairs, IF they can be done........PLEASE cross ur fingers they dont total it

I work for Allstate Ins and deal with this stuff all day long but it is SO different when its ME on the other end of it.
This lady has a "cut rate" ins co so Im sure they arent gonna make things easy but I called in my ins co to make it easier. They can deal with the other co on my behalf, Im sure State Farm has a better chance to get them moving faster than I could.
Sorry Im blabbing so early, I havent slept well and Im still in shock from the whole thing I think. I just needed to vent a lil too

I will post pix when I get back from the body shop
Oh and to top it all of my lil sis is graduateing from Syracuse University today and I have no way to get us there.

yeah, that is why I called in my company, they will make sure I am taken care of quickly rather than wait on this lady's company to decide she is an idiot and wrecked my car (sorry mini vent) She was ticketed and the whole nine so her co HAS to pay ALL of my damages and rental car but its when they decide.
I called them 1st and they told me it may be Tuesday before an adjuster even contacts me

ummm NO I dont think so.....state farm will be ALL over them and I wont have to do a thing!

I have to call them when they open at 9....I spoke with the after hours line at 1230 this morning as I couldnt sleep

reefraff

Did you take your kids to see a doc? You should go too if you have any aches or pains today. I'm not saying to make anything up but don't just tough out being sore or stiff. Not only do you want to make sure you dont have any serious injuries it will inhance what you can get out of the insurance company. Wasn't your fault so make sure you get every penny out of them you are entitled to. They should be renting you a car too.
Very cool your inlaws run a shop. Sometimes repairing the car isn't in your best interest but the insurance company will push them to fix it. I had a 1990 stripper chevy S-10 that was wrecked in 1996. I paid 5900.00 for the truck in 1992. They paid over 4500.00 to fix it because (according to my wife who worked for the firm that did the defence work for the insurance company) court settlements tend to be higher if the car is totaled.

bdhutier

Originally Posted by NyButterfly03
http:///forum/post/2601787
yeah, that is why I called in my company, they will make sure I am taken care of quickly rather than wait on this lady's company to decide she is an idiot and wrecked my car (sorry mini vent) She was ticketed and the whole nine so her co HAS to pay ALL of my damages and rental car but its when they decide.
I called them 1st and they told me it may be Tuesday before an adjuster even contacts me

ummm NO I dont think so.....state farm will be ALL over them and I wont have to do a thing!

I have to call them when they open at 9....I spoke with the after hours line at 1230 this morning as I couldnt sleep

This is why I love USAA... I don't ever have to deal with the other insurance, they will do it all and go direct with the other company. I had to deal with Farmers once (before I had USAA), and WOW what a pain. They refused to pay the body shop after the work was done, saying they gave me the money to pay the shop. They nearly got us sued. It was horrible.
Not anymore, though!!
I'm very happy to hear you are all safe!! Things like this are what I call "Blessing Checks."

well here she is

we spent all day at the ER making sure everyone was ok. I am in a ton of pain as the day has gone on but hey, the kiddos are all ok other than bumps and bruises

grabbitt

It's great that everyone came out of the accident.
Very sorry to hear about your car.
I totalled one of my babies ('05 Chevy Equinox LT), too... I turned it into a 3-wheeler compliments of a drunk driver swerving into my lane and a telephone pole

Fortunately, my insurance got me a good amount of money back and I'm back to searching for a new replacement.
I hope everything goes smoothly with the claims process for you...

State Farm has been great so far. Their offices opened at 9am and I was in a rental car by 10am and I actually was delayed b/c they had to get the car but I am still very pleased.
Then I went to the body shop to start my paperwork and as I was with my mom-in law, her son called and his wife started bleeding, she is pregnant so I ran to get her and figured while we were at the ER for her we would get checked too b/c I was REALLY worried about the kiddos. Thankfully EVERYONE, including the newest addition to the family who is a BOY
are fine!!!!
Such a crazy day, Im off to make nice with the pain killers and my pillow

Oh and I still havent heard from this lady's company (big suprise)

but she was ticketed and totally at fault so there is NO way I am letting her outa this....she could have hurt us much worse if she hit us differently

reefraff

State Farm cringes when they hear my name.
I was robbed twice in less than 6 months when I had renters insurance with them in 95. Then in early 96 had an issue with a bad parking brake on a company vehicle and it rolled down a hill into 2 parked cars and did some serious damage. State Farm was the companies insurance carrier. A couple months after that I got nailed by a girl who ran a stop sign which creamed the S-10, State Farm insurance again, that one cost them well over 20 grand. Then the biggie in 2000. I got totaled (as well as the truck i was driving) in a car wreck on the job. I had the same claims adjuster for the last 3 incidents. My attorney never even had a chance to talk to the guy, they were working on an unrelated issue and said he was ready to write a check for policy limits in my case. I figure I cost them over 320 grand in about 6 years. That adjuster probably threw a party when he found out I moved :D
They treated me pretty well overall, Hopefully they will take good care of you

tangman99

Sorry to hear that but the important thing is you are all ok. That looks like it will buff right out. j/k

Buff out huh???? I thinks she may need a bit more than that! LOL

I have been with state farm since 2001 and they have been great to me, not that I have many accidents

I worked for my agent when I first started in the insurance business and now I am a licensd agent in NY!!! This wonam hit the WRONG person, she is gonna PAY
If we didnt need medical attention, I really didnt have to open a claim with them b/c the other driver is 100% at fault. But this way State Farm can deal with getting the money for the car and I can concentrate on finding us a good lawyer.

tangman99

Just looking at the pictures, it looks like it did a really good job of crumpling as in no visual damage to the occupancy area. Did the airbags deploy or was it too much from the side? I can't tell if that is an airbag in the one photo or not. If the airbags deployed, they will most likely total it due to the cost of airbags with all the other damage.

whyamisofl

Hate to say it.....but it looks like she is a goner.......I think the frame damage alone will total it out.
(sorry to bring the rain cloud!)

ci11337

So sorry about your car NY, i'm glad no one was hurt.
She looks pretty bad, i don't think she's gonna make it.

imurnamine

Oh my goodess!
I'm glad it wasn't further up the body of the car, you would have gotten creamed!
It's so good to know that you guys didn't get hurt...
My condolences on your car. : (

dragonzim

You should not have to deal with the other drivers insurance company at all. Thats what your insurance company is for. Most likely your insurance will pay for the repairs and your rental and then go after the other girls company for reimbursement. I got hit by a bus back in January and my truck got totaled. My company (Geico)took care of everything and then went after the county to get their money back.

renogaw

it sorta depends...
I went through my insurance when i got hit by a semi (tire lugnuts chewed through my rear driver door and quarterpanel) and luckily i did because the driver said i hit him....
when i was sideswiped i went through the other driver's insurance, everything went smooth because he was 100% at fault (he was on the wrong side of the road, driving north in the southbound side of a road, and ended up in the ditch after hitting my passenger side).
my claim through my insurance didn't count against me, but it is in my record as them paying out money even though they got reimbursed. my premium didn't go up, but it shows history.

aquaknight

I dunno, I really don't see the frame damage. I mean, just check out the front bumper core, it's not compressed at all. Of course, it looks like the LF wheel took most of the impact, so it would depend on how hard the A-arm/strut tugged on the body, though the knuckle or tie-rod/ball joint usually lets go first. Really doesn't seem as bad as it looks IMO.
But, if it is totaled out, my family had great experiences with State Farm. Both times we have gotten above market value for the cars, so finding a replacement was very straight forward.

aquaknight

Hmmm, I would second the doesn't look real promising. A lot of the upper body is knocked in pretty good. If it is totaled though, my family has had great experiences with State Farm. Both times we have gotten above market value for the cars, so finding a replacement was very straight forward (finding cars in similar shape, not so much).