My bicolor psuedochromis is starting to cause problems

kablamo

Freddie, my bicolor psuedochromis is starting a strange behavior,
He knocks my nassarius snails off of the glass and then once they are over turns he tries to nip at their feet rather violently, I feed him twice daily,
this started about five minutes after I added an algae disk for my lawnmower blennie for the first time. Is he just confused?
Is the new smell making him think that the snails are now food?
Whatever it is, I have to keep hitting the glass really hard to scare him away from my snails!
I'm MAD.

salty cheese

What are you feeding him? QT if you have to. DON'T SMACK THE GLASS. It will stress out eveything you have in the tank!:nope:

kablamo

i don't smack it i just thump it a little bit, But i will stop that, yeah, Does waving my arms around stress everything out?
Cause I think it will be ok because the snails only come out during feeding time and go back under the sand after five minutes, so if i just wave my arms around i think that might be ok, but i am open to suggestion, I have no QT tank so I can't do that.

boomper

I had a psuedo that became quit aggressive so I returned him to the LFS. Great looking fish, but his bold temperment caused too many problems.

kablamo

well the problems all started because I changed my LMB's food to algae disks.
My psuedo loves them and takes them into his cave and hides them, whenever there is one out, he will fight anybody he comes into contact with!

birdy

bi-color psuedo's are one of the most aggressive fish out there, it really was just a matter of time before it became aggressive, I am sure it will start terrorizing your fish if it is not already.

kablamo

Man, none of the research i found said that they were aggressive, i thought it was only aggressive to fish that look like it.
Everything is going wrong, my Lawnmower blennie who wouldn't eat no matter what i did just died, my bicolor psuedochromis is trying to kill my snails, jeez where does it end. I'm going to go take a hot bath.:mad:

metmike

i have a purple psuedochromis also and i bought a bangi cardnel last night and the psuedo . tore him up last night and the psuedo.also picks on my scotter blenny bad i am going to have to get rid of the psuedo this weekend

kablamo

I need opinions, I want to get another fish really bad, but I want to get a fish that won't take any crap from my bicolor psuedochromis, I was thinking a marroon clown cause they get pretty big and they seem to be pretty defensive and don't take a lot of crap from other fish, at least that's what I hear, I've been thinking of making an aggressive tank cause I can't really afford good lights to go full reef, are there any aggressive fish that would work well with a bicolor psuedochromis?