My big basset hound

gill again68

So yesterday the dog got her a good ole bath. I mean I scrubbed from ear to rear. She came out so pretty and clean. Thats all good. Now last night we had a storm with rain and wind. This morning my pretty "puppy" need to go out for all the reasons and so out she went. Usually on a cold day she will stay out for a bit then come to the door to be let back in. After an hour I went to call for her when I noticed the gate was open a bit. HOLY CRAP! Now I am out in the street with shorts and shirt looking sexy I am sure. I dont see her anywhere and I know she could have as much as an hour head start. Well I look down the street and there she is. I call to her and she looks confused. You see these hounds love to hunt but they get lost easy. Well once she recognized me she came running and into the house we went. I noticed she had mud on her but I let her in anyway. Anyone with a guess as to the type of mud that was on her? You got it, it was fecal matter or crap as we like to call it. So now my dog has another nice wash. We are now short one bath cloth, one towel, a shirt I had on and one dog toy. Oh yeah did I mention we got her a new collar last night and it has the better part of a dog turd on it. Its currently drying out until I can get the tags off of it. I am certain that will be $15.00 in the trash as well. All in all a good start to a Sunday.
So what have you done this morning?

al&burke

That is a good story Gill, my schnauzer decided the other week to go on a bit of a vacation, I was working in the shop she got under the fence and I think she was gone for at least a half hour, went looking for her, straight to the chicken farmer down the street, not there. Heard some barking in the distance, you would know this dogs bark, jumped in my car went around the corner, a fellow was standing outside so I stopped, asked him if he had seen a littel black dog, he said oh yes, I was cutting the grass and she started barking at me, you see she protects the whole neighborhood. He told me she was in their sun room. So I went with him , she start barking at me then realizes who I was. Happy again. Thank god these people were nice enough to hang on to her, anyone else would have told her to get lost.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill again68 http:///forum/thread/382400/my-big-basset-hound#post_3337108
So yesterday the dog got her a good ole bath. I mean I scrubbed from ear to rear. She came out so pretty and clean. Thats all good. Now last night we had a storm with rain and wind. This morning my pretty "puppy" need to go out for all the reasons and so out she went. Usually on a cold day she will stay out for a bit then come to the door to be let back in. After an hour I went to call for her when I noticed the gate was open a bit. HOLY CRAP! Now I am out in the street with shorts and shirt looking sexy I am sure. I dont see her anywhere and I know she could have as much as an hour head start. Well I look down the street and there she is. I call to her and she looks confused. You see these hounds love to hunt but they get lost easy. Well once she recognized me she came running and into the house we went. I noticed she had mud on her but I let her in anyway. Anyone with a guess as to the type of mud that was on her? You got it, it was fecal matter or crap as we like to call it. So now my dog has another nice wash. We are now short one bath cloth, one towel, a shirt I had on and one dog toy. Oh yeah did I mention we got her a new collar last night and it has the better part of a dog turd on it. Its currently drying out until I can get the tags off of it. I am certain that will be $15.00 in the trash as well. All in all a good start to a Sunday.
So what have you done this morning?

I also have a mud dog story but you asked about today...I got up to a clogged toilet, my mother thinks the dogs dropped a toy in there and she flushd it. I can't get it clear so I put a garbage bag in there for use...until tomorrow, I don't want to pay Sunday in a snow storm rate to a pumber. Last night a rain storm turned to ice and is now 3 inches of snow on top of my car and driveway.
My Elderly Mother Bless her heart, has decided to play the gate keeper.
I let the dogs in because they scrtach at the door and 5 minutes later she lets them back out...for me to let back in. She speaks to them and they come and sit down and look at her, so she thinks they want to go out. its bitterly cold and the wind is blowing so I can't just leave them out there.

gemmy

My day was fun filled at work with crazy people shopping for their pets, getting angry because the volunteers working the Santa photos didn't take good enough pic (come on people it's not a professional pic and the money goes to the shelter) and I am sick. On top of it, I had a manager who reports to me flip and curse me out because I corrected him for something he did not do properly. Oh the joys of the holiday season.
(I don't mind it though I like the craziness)
Flower, how are you making out in the storm (aside from the said issues)?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///forum/thread/382400/my-big-basset-hound#post_3337360
My day was fun filled at work with crazy people shopping for their pets, getting angry because the volunteers working the Santa photos didn't take good enough pic (come on people it's not a professional pic and the money goes to the shelter) and I am sick. On top of it, I had a manager who reports to me flip and curse me out because I corrected him for something he did not do properly. Oh the joys of the holiday season.
(I don't mind it though I like the craziness)
Flower, how are you making out in the storm (aside from the said issues)?
I HATE CRAZINESS...............that ...IMO....is one thing that ruins the whole season
BTW....I have wrapped about 20 gifts today (on top of what I already wrapped last week)....and have about 15 more to go by next Saturday
YUCK.....

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382400/my-big-basset-hound#post_3337365
Quote:
I HATE CRAZINESS...............that ...IMO....is one thing that ruins the whole season
BTW....I have wrapped about 20 gifts today (on top of what I already wrapped last week)....and have about 15 more to go by next Saturday
YUCK.....
I have bought one gift so far and I have not wrapped it (it's big and I'm not good at wrapping). I did buy plane tickets for me to take a vacation to Florida after the holidays.

oceankid

I went to work, but nurse in our clinic declared that I am not fit to work, since my doctor told me to rest for 3 days, I told her that I'm fine, but no luck..... no earnings for me for 3 days, would that be okay?