my brittle star

sneed

i bought 2 brittle starts 3 days ago....and when i put them in the tank they both ran for the rocks and hid...now i see one of them from time to time but he mostly stay hidden...but he does come out now and then...however the other has not come out once since the first day that he hid under the rocks...should i be worried? should i pick up my rocks and make sure he is ok?

flydan

Hey,
Brittle Stars will stay hidden most of the day. They may be tempted out with food but most of the time all you will see is the tip of an arm sticking out if you know where they bed down for the day. Sorry if you thought otherwise. Great cleaners to have in there I feel, but you wont get to see them much. (I would NOT go poking around in your lr since it wont come out anyway.)
HTH,
Dan'l

flipper263

My Brittle star comes out at night, I can almost always see him once the lights go out or in the morning before the lights turn on. Try looking for him then.During the day mine is always hidden under a rock but we can usually see one or two of his arms poking out.
flip:)

lowrider19

I had a green brittle. he only came out when the blue lights were on or when there was no light. be careful they get big quick too I had to give mine to my brother cause it grew to 16 inches across and was eating my fish