My carpet anemonie nearly won.

alison

Hi, I just thought I'd share. I have a 55 gal long. Had a 6 inch striped green carpet on one end and a pink sebae at the other. Both had over a year. Over a foot and a half away like they say, but the carpet has been slowly killing the sebae. So Sunday I finally had to do something. The sebae was the size of a 50 cent peice and the carpet was super happy. So I took the striped carpet to the lfs, because my clown won't host in him, and he's not as pretty as my pink sebae, and hoped the sebae would come back. So got 20$ fish credit for him, after 4 days of him bein there, and now the sebae is SUPER happy, super sticky, and the biggest I've ever seen him. So take it from me, don't try putting 2 anemones in the same tank unless it's over a 125 for sure. ~Ali:happyfish

T

thomas712

Now thats a public service anouncment I can live with.
Thanks Ali.
There are still way to many folks that purchase 2, 3 different anemones and place them in tanks where they will play the Good the Bad and the Ugly someday.
There will be a meeting between them or there could simply be chemical warfare.
Thomas

alison

Thanks Thomas.:) That is so true what you said. I know I sure learned my lesson not to put two different kinds of anemonies in the same tank. Over the course of a year you could see that carpet slowly winning, and my sebae nearly lost the chemical battle. But fortunately my sebae made it, and the biggest I've ever seen it, and super sticky. That makes me happy. ~Ali