My clown fish is dumb

my clown fish is so slow, it doesn't react when there is food and when it's almost at the bottom, it eats the food... is that normal? And is an air stone good for a qt tank? I heard they are bad...

Shilpan

Yes an airstone is good, sometimes it will perk a fish right up.

Very often it's the water parameters in the tank which can cause this. Could you tell us what your amonnia, nitrite, nitrate, salinity and temperature are?

If all the above are ok then it may just be normal fish behavior but I leave that to the advanced members. Seems abnormal to me.

lmforbis

I can't say if you fish is OK but clown fish aren't the most efficient swimmers so it may be normal behavior. An airstone is not a bad thing to have in QT.

2quills

Air stones are only bad in saltwater systems because the bubbles bursting at the surface causes a lot of salt creep. Otherwise they aerate the water and are good.

You'll never over saturate the water with oxygen using them so it shouldn't be a concern.

Fish is probably stressed. Keep lights off and check your water.

Yes an airstone is good, sometimes it will perk a fish right up.

Very often it's the water parameters in the tank which can cause this. Could you tell us what your amonnia, nitrite, nitrate, salinity and temperature are?

If all the above are ok then it may just be normal fish behavior but I leave that to the advanced members. Seems abnormal to me.
All 0

L

lilithereefer

do not use an air stone you dont want all of the micro bubbles, its not good for saltwater