My clown is taking up residence in my elegance coral, will this kill the coral?

kilofey

Ive had my elegance for about 5 days and my clown trying to get it to host him for about 3 days, but the elegance doesnt seem too accepting. It will close up about half way until the clown is gone. Should i just take the coral to a different lfs and sell it? Cause the lfs i got it from has a no return policy. I know i wouldnt get all my money back but id rather get something for it rather than it die from stress.... OR.... Will the elegance accept it in time? It is an indo elegance and i know they can be touchy anyway, so any advice would be helpful. Thanks

gemmy

Honestly, I would just take it back. The survival rate with indo elegance corals are very low and they cannot handle the abuse from a clown, IMO.

kilofey

Yeah, thats what i thought. ill give them a call tomorrow and see if theyll take it back, doubt they will but it wont hurt to try. If nothing else another lfs should buy it. Thanks for the advice.

fishteen4

Ya Aussie elegance corals are much better. I had an indo pacific last summer but it got so hot that it fried the thing. Definately go with an aussie or not at all really

kilofey

The lfs where I got the elegance took it back because they could see it was still healthy and not stressed at all, so I ended up with a frogspawn and some hairy mushrooms... It was a great trade cause ive already made $40 or more on frogspawn frags :) so crisis averted, and with a few more frags, I will have made my money back