My clowns survive brooklynella/velvet without treatment!

paxrom

well, some of them..
I start with these:
1 ORA ocellaris pair purchased from SWF
2 wild caught ocellaris purchased from SWF
7 chromis
4 gobies
It all starts 2 weeks ago when I introduce 2 wild caught juvenile ocellaris into main display tank without QT (hoping they will hook up with my anemone). They was doing fine. Then 1 week later, 1 develop fine white dust layer on the dorsal side. Within 2-3 hours he was struggling to breath directly facing the powerhead. A few hours later he disappear, then re-emerge with red spots (bleeding?) all over his tail. At this stage I move him to the QT
and he died there :(
1 week later the other one start developing the same symptom.He has fine white grains (very small) that cover his back almost like a snow layer. This time I decided to do a fresh water bath with the following concoction: RO water+API's proper PH+amQuel+. This turn out to be a botched dip as the fish was struggling to breath and I thought he was playing dead. When I moved him back into the main tank after 10 mins, he was struggling to swim and the ORA ocellaris pair starts attacking him (they were getting along so well before the dip)
The female ORA start grabbing his tail and start swinging him left to right.
I decided to put the poor guy down after 30 minutes.
next day, I got a UV sterilizer installed but it keep tripping my GFCI so I have to send it back. The rep says it takes a week the replacement to arrive.
2 days later I start noticing the male ORA develop small white grains on his back, a day later the grains spread to cover his eyes. Then he starts to swim erratically. When the new UV arrive and installed, he was struggling for breath, hanging directly from the powerhead and make sudden jerky movement. He has also stop eating the regular pellet food I feed him.
This continues for 2 days.
I resort to start feeding him with cyclops and fortunately, he does eat that. I increase the feeding to 2x and put a small powerhead at the water surface.
Then this morning, I start to notice the white grains become less dense on his back and his eyes. He move around a little bit (rather than spending the whole time at the powerhead). No more sudden jerky movement, and he starts to eat the pellet again (just 1,2 pellets rather than his usual buffet, but I reckon this is still good news). Feeding is 3 times today with cyclops and everyone respond positively to the feeding.
The female now starts to have white grains on the skin and eyes, but is still eating. I hope it will go well for her.

silverdak

um....am I missing a part or something?? I dont see where they lived through all that with no treatment.... can you maybe clear it up for me or something?

silverdak

ah much better! I have a question and I dont want you to get mad.. but why not QT them and go with conventional treatments that have been proven to work in most circumstances? you said you do have a Qt I believe correct? have you had issues with the chemicals before or something?

paxrom

I have a 20g tank setup and cycled 1 week after the main tank but was hesitate to put my fishes in it, seeing how it is small and may stress the fish and all..

silverdak

why not put the treatments rgith into the DT then? your saying you would rather see 2 fish suffer and die before possibly stression them out in a small tank for a day? I think I am still missing something

paxrom

I also have lots of snails, 10 hermits, 2 cleaner shrimps so treatment is not an option. (As far as I know these parasites are only sensitive to formaldahyde?)

paxrom

One thing that amazes me is his endurance. Imagine running a marathon against a mag 18 from the sump for 2 days straight, non-stop!