my clowns wont eat

erock412

i'm transferring tanks from a 55 to a 125 on monday, and i put my only fish (2 false percs) and all my LR into a bare bottom 55 with all the water from my 55 DT, so i could stir up the existing sand bed. Now that they are in the bare bottom, and have been for about 19 hrs, they wont eat. the move went real smooth and they were out of the water for 2 sec. any ideas

bang guy

Clownfish are extremely territorial. When moved they become very upset. Give them a week to start eating again, don't try to force them.

erock412

so if they dont eat for a day or two, its not necessarily curtains for the fish? they look healthy and all, but i'm not sure of what to look for to raise a red flag. what are signs that i should start worrying?

bang guy

Originally Posted by ERock412
http:///forum/post/2889513
so if they dont eat for a day or two, its not necessarily curtains for the fish? they look healthy and all, but i'm not sure of what to look for to raise a red flag. what are signs that i should start worrying?
A healthy Clownfish can go a month without food. If they don't eat in a week then you can start looking for problems.