my cowfish 29 gallon tank

bullitr

i bought a cowfish to stay on my 150 g sump with 35 gallon refugium but i got really scared of it dying and releasing toxins that might kills 5 k worth of livestock in my display tank.i bought a oceanic 29g from my SPS vendor.its only been set up 24 hours.

jon_fiasco

very nice pics, and a cool lookin fish... can i ask you a question tho, do all saltwater fish release toxins when they die... i heard that some time ago if left in a tank for to long dead most likely it will kill everything in there reason being they release toxins.... yay or nay??

bullitr

Originally Posted by Jon_fiasco
http:///forum/post/3101842
very nice pics, and a cool lookin fish... can i ask you a question tho, do all saltwater fish release toxins when they die... i heard that some time ago if left in a tank for to long dead most likely it will kill everything in there reason being they release toxins.... yay or nay??
nope only this one.
in the beginning when something died they became fish/invert food in my tank

jon_fiasco

cool... if you dont mind me asking, looks like you drive a C6 vette but whats up with that front end looks crazy

bullitr

i did not even notice that! i guess when i shrink it for avatar it changes. it looks like a glare from the paint

T

tiny

Alright OP, heres a newb question coming your way. How come you didn't have to cycle your tank? Why is that?

bullitr

the tank was set up i guess couple of months ago then it was on a storage for more than a week. i just rinse the tank and sand really well> then i get water,live rock and corals from my DT tank. so no need to cycle. i will replace the water using my DT.

jon_fiasco

when you blew up the pic i noticed to was the glare form the paint, bad ass vette... do you have n e work done to it???

bullitr

i have the car (2007 z51) for more than 3 years but no engine work yet still under warranty but it have a vararam intake sci, corsa extreme exhaust, custom paint inside and out and 20" staggered wheels .planning to get a 2010 ZO6 later or wait for c7