my diy stand 120g

butters

for a RR AGA 120g, 48x24x24
bottom of the tank is 40" off the ground. 55g sump in the stand.

im working on putting lighting under the stand, and electrical outlets.

N

nemo_66

someone on reefcentral did a stand like that, and it was for a 120 as well.
it looks great tho. very nice.

butters

Originally Posted by Nemo_66
someone on reefcentral did a stand like that, and it was for a 120 as well.
it looks great tho. very nice.

yeap, i loved it.
i did a couple things diff, only 1 side door, taller to accomodate my 55g sump and changed the framing around.
i start college this monday, so i wanted to get as much done as possible. i wont have any time during the week to work on it.
all i gotta do now is make the doors, buy and cut the floor for the stand and make the railing around the top perimeter(still undecided how to). my dad got back into town yesterday, and asked me how i was ganna get it upstairs, becuse with the top railing i was ganna use would have made it 30in lol my doors are 29.25in.... im at 29 right now, so a word of advise, make shure what you build in the basement can fit through the doors to get it upstairs lol it never even passed through my mind.
im installing a light inside of the stand so i can see down there.
do you guys think its worth it to install some plugs in the stand, or just stick with some power strips?
i will be picking up the tank next week, i should have the $. then i can start the rest of the stuff....
can someone help me out and look at my sump thread in this section.
thanks for the comments!

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by butters
yeap, i loved it.
i did a couple things diff, only 1 side door, taller to accomodate my 55g sump and changed the framing around.
i start college this monday, so i wanted to get as much done as possible. i wont have any time during the week to work on it.
all i gotta do now is make the doors, buy and cut the floor for the stand and make the railing around the top perimeter(still undecided how to). my dad got back into town yesterday, and asked me how i was ganna get it upstairs, becuse with the top railing i was ganna use would have made it 30in lol my doors are 29.25in.... im at 29 right now, so a word of advise, make shure what you build in the basement can fit through the doors to get it upstairs lol it never even passed through my mind.
im installing a light inside of the stand so i can see down there.
do you guys think its worth it to install some plugs in the stand, or just stick with some power strips?
i will be picking up the tank next week, i should have the $. then i can start the rest of the stuff....
can someone help me out and look at my sump thread in this section.
thanks for the comments!
If you can build that base you can certainly remove the door,trim ,and jam. Gives ya 2"+ lol