My Eclipse System 6-4 months

stonedage

SO this is my very simple tank at 4 months. I know that the zoos are stretched, I have a 32w sunpaq with a 50/50 bulb on order. The pic of the mushroom is a piece of LR i noticed buried in a corner of thier holding tank. I bought a peppermint shrimp to eat the aips but that was a week ago and all ive seen of it was part of it skeloton the next morning, hoped it moulted but after taking the lr all out and putting it back in and searching in the dark with a light in all the caves i have accepted that that shrimp is no longer part of my setup and will be replaced shortly. the Lr i bought has this little green tube, like tiny little, any guesses what it may be? It did tilt towards the light when the rock was moved around. Any other tips suggestions criticisms will be appreciated. coraline is forming in a few places now, one spot on the side wall and on all plastic things like the intake tube and heater mount. Thanx

SA

nygel

i like it, except teh substrate, but besides that its looking nice, you should get a torch/frogspawn/ hammer coral.

stonedage

i definitely would like to get one of those corals, mostly just for the lil clown so he has a place to sleep at night if he would host one. As for the substrate i am going to swap it out for sand, but i figure i have until atleast end of summer before anything starts to build up enough in the CC to cause any major harm.
SA

nygel

yeah, i listed those corals just for hosting purposes, I have a frogspawn, and without a clown in it, its not really that amazing. nice tank though, i really like it.

stonedage

thank you very much, have you ever heard of crazyfrog? Im hoping to get on a waiting list to get some of that, its frogspawn but its mainly neon green with neon pink tips absolutely gorgeous looking!!!!
SA

nygel

I've seen those around here, mine is bright orange stalks with neon green tips...heres a crappy pic. its colors arent shown well at all in this pic, but its alright.

triga22

How are you going to get that in the hood? Im wondering because im looking for a nano and this sounds great.

stonedage

TriGa22-I found someone that has done it online and get the info from them...the sunpaq one will fit but the reflector has to be bent and trimmed, she said heat and top ups come an issue though. right now i can go the week and not top up just do my water changes and bring the level back up, she said it needs water every day, and her temp was going up to 86 tuntil she took the access door off. Ill be posting pics when i get it because i know there are many onther people who have asked about how to make the light upgrade.
SA

stonedage

nYgel-that is an awesome frogspawn, i bet it looks great in person, pics usually never get the right colours
SA

stonedage

k so the second pic and off to the side in the 3rd is that aiptasia? any guesses what the tiny green tube may be in the 3rd pic? thanx
SA

nygel

no, thats a small feather duster hitchiker, and that tube, is an old feather duster tube Im assuming.

stonedage

nYgel-those white things are feather dusters? not aips? wow that makes me way happy if thats the case cuz there are a bunch of them all ovr the place. they are good then right? Im thinking the green thing isnt a feather duster tune because when i moved the rock to a diff spot in the tank it bent itself back towards the light.
SA