My eel Milton, RIP.

polarpooch

My blackedge eel, Milton, became the victim of my hungry Green Moray last night. I saw the big lump in the green's stomach (he was refusing to eat) . I looked around for Milton---and he was nowhere to be found. Then the green decided after a few hours that a big blackedge just didn't sit well in his stomach---so he regurgitated Milton. I found him floating in the tank this morning, partially digested.
Milton was my very first eel...I've had him for a long time. This is a very sad day.

polarpooch

Yeah, everything else in the tank is just more eels. That green moray is one deadly monster, let me tell you. What really sucks is that the green barfed up Milton, and I had to see him floating in the water. So sad.

razoreqx

Originally posted by polarpooch
Yeah, everything else in the tank is just more eels. That green moray is one deadly monster, let me tell you. What really sucks is that the green barfed up Milton, and I had to see him floating in the water. So sad.

tis sad.. I think green moray are probably best in a tank alone.. They dont play nice at all.

polarpooch

He's in a 125 now. I know I shouldn't have put the blackedge in with him--but the blackedge and the tesselata lived in peace for two years, so since the green was being so reasonable (it was the tesselata that was super agressive in the tank, not the green), I thought they'd be fine.
Well, live and learn, but it still sucks. I really liked Milton.

cincyreefer

Sorry to hear that Polar... Hopefully your tesselata will grow too large for the green to eat also. I always enjoyed seeing pics of those beasts.

samsonny

Sorry to hear that.
I lost my Black-Edged Moray a few months back to a mystery nasal infection/tumor. Really liked that guy.
Good luck with the rest.

selarman

That is a monster alright. :scared:
I have a baby Tessy right now. about 10 inches long and a huge attitude. How does yours get along with the green?

gkp

The black was about 18 to 20 inches and the green is a little over 3 feet. The green has never shown any aggresion. The tessy was the one we worry about he is verry agresive. the tessalata is about 3 feet.