My first clam!

viper_930

On friday I got my first clam from Anthony Yang, for those of you who know him. It's a Gold (maybe) maxima with a crazy teardrop pattern.
Here's a pic that anthony took when it was on sale. Pic taken from the top.

viper_930

And now in my tank, a side shot. The camera brought out more of its brown color and left out a lot of the gold. You can see a lot more of the colors the camera messed up from the first and second pic.

viper_930

And here's a pic with the flash used. It shows a lot more of how the clam looks in person. Soooo what do you guys think?

nas19320

Looks nice, are you Justin? I've thought about grabbing a few things from anthony, just haven't gotten around to it.

viper_930

Thx. Paid $55. I think that is a really great deal for a gold teardrop maxima, about 4" long.
Anthony sells stuff, so I can't give you his websight, but you can probably find info and a link through other forums. He's got really great deals and specializes in rare livestock.

viper_930

Originally posted by Nas19320
Looks nice, are you Justin? I've thought about grabbing a few things from anthony, just haven't gotten around to it.

Yup, that's me. :D I also got the red polyp danae he posted a few days ago. It was only up for sale for about 5 minutes max. before I grabbed it. :joy: He already took the pic of it down though. He gets in some pretty nice stuff.

golfish

Originally posted by ViPeR_930
. It's a Gold (maybe) maxima with a crazy teardrop pattern.

Its a Maxima if that's what the "maybe" is about.
At 4" that's a good price..

viper_930

Thanks for all the comments!
I'm not sure if it should really be called gold, because it does have a lot of brown around the edges. That's what the maybe was for. I'll see if it would color up a little more in a few weeks.
Also, how long would it take the clam to attach its bysal threads to the rock? I'm trying to get it to attach to a small rock before I put him higher in the aquascape.

yosemite sam

Clams will attach themselves when they are happy. I've had clams that have attached themselves to things in one day, but it depends on how quickly the clam adjusts to your tank. If it's happy, it won't take long at all.

golfish

I'm not sure if it should really be called gold, because it does have a lot of brown around the edges. That's what the maybe was for.

How about golden brown?
Also, how long would it take the clam to attach its bysal threads to the rock?
[/QUOTE
Minutes to never..it just depends on if GB is happy.....and he looks happy to me.

golfish

Originally posted by papaeph
do clams just require strong lighting; or is it a good idea to feed them indirectly??

Depends on the size...The smaller clams need more food then the larger clams.

nm reef

Excellant addition!!!!
I bet if you could post a top down pic from your system the coloration would be much closer to when anthony had it....very nice lookin' clam. I've been well aware of anthony and his reputation for a long time now. I've seen some great lookin' stuff on his site. Now about that danae you purchased...I'd request you place my name at the top of the "future frags" list.....I'd gladly wait for it to grow out as long as I'm at the top of the list!!! Any pics of it you can share?