My first zoa

J

jstdv8

I got a couple really small fire and ice zoa frags that one of the local reefers gave me at a frag swap. They only have 4-6 polyps on 2 seperate little branches (extremey hard to keep in place until I glue them in place)
So, I was wondering where in the tank I should place them and how large of a rock should I put them on? Do they grow out really fast or kinda slow?
I also have a large piece of LR shelf that I have vertical in the tank on the rear wall, could I fasten them to that and would they grow up and down and left and right or do i need to make them flat?
90 gallon tank with 6 light nova extreme pro t5 3 act260, 3 10k. 2 #4 koralias
Thanks

flower

Originally Posted by Jstdv8
http:///forum/post/3191329
I got a couple really small fire and ice zoa frags that one of the local reefers gave me at a frag swap. They only have 4-6 polyps on 2 seperate little branches (extremey hard to keep in place until I glue them in place)
So, I was wondering where in the tank I should place them and how large of a rock should I put them on? Do they grow out really fast or kinda slow?
I also have a large piece of LR shelf that I have vertical in the tank on the rear wall, could I fasten them to that and would they grow up and down and left and right or do i need to make them flat?
Thanks

I would angle the shelf a little more flat, making just a tilt. I think the more light the faster they will grow. My zoa grows pretty fast in 4 months my eight is now over 50..They are eagle eyes.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by Jstdv8
http:///forum/post/3191329
Thanks
Start em out on the sandbed, then begin slowly moving them to the desired height over a series of several days/weeks. Moving them up quickly could result in too much light and cause them to close up and melt. they can be attached to a verticle surface, and will spread up and down as well as side to side on their own. Some attach them to the glass itself, as well as overflows - personally I've found they attach better to the plastic than the glass.
How quickly they grow out will vary dependent upon tank conditions and type of zoa - some grow quick, some grow very slowly.