My fish list!

jazztap10

Hello! I've been a long time stalker of these message boards but this is my first time posting. I'm new to saltwater tanks and I'd like to hear some feedback about my fish list! The tank is 37gallons.
The fish that I REALLY want are:
Firefish
False clowns
Pajama cardinals
I've read a bunch of different and contradicting posts from different sites in regards to how many of each fish to have. It seems like the most common opinion is that I should have 2 of each?
Any feedback is greatly greatly appreciated!

J

jesse!

Originally Posted by jazztap10
http:///forum/post/2968977
Hello! I've been a long time stalker of these message boards but this is my first time posting. I'm new to saltwater tanks and I'd like to hear some feedback about my fish list! The tank is 37gallons.
Firefish
False clowns
Pajama cardinals
I've read a bunch of different and contradicting posts from different sites in regards to how many of each fish to have. It seems like the most common opinion is that I should have 2 of each?
I have a 29 gallon and I was searching for the exact same question.
I was told that I could keep around 4-5 smaller sized fish (like the ones you listed) happily in my tank. I have one clown (another to come), six-line, and I'm still not sure what my last one will be.
So far IMO I think your good to go with those four fish (if you were planning on getting two clowns).
Hope this helped.
-Jesse

I don't understand why people are saying keeping two clowns they are very happy by themselves and may fight with each other if not added at the same time. Look into flame hawkfish they have a huge amount of personality.

jazztap10

Ya the clownfish was one of the ones i kept getting conflicting info about.
I think i will just get one of them so that i can get something else! I had never been very interested in the flame hawkfish, but when i was just checking them out everyone seems to love them! they sure do seem to have huge personality!
I'll probably end up getting that guy instead of a second clown!
thanks for the input guys!

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by jazztap10
http:///forum/post/2968977
Firefish
False clowns
Pajama cardinals

You can have fighting keeping any fish of the same species in a tank, especially if they are of diff. genders. If you already have an established clown stick with just the one. I would personally also stick with just one firefish. You can do a pair of cardinals, just get a male and a female.