My fish need a new home

trisha123

Hi..I live in Huntington Beach CA. We are moving to Oklahoma in a few weeks and I am trying to find a new home for a Damsel and a Clownfish. They can't handle the move or I would take them. Please contact me if interested. They need to find a good home.
Thank you,Trisha

cb

You might check with your lfs about how to transport them they might be able to help. I ahve a friend that brings fish from Arkansas and the lfs there packs them with enough oxygen to get them here. :)

ophiura

FWIW, I moved a damselfish in a cooler from Virginia to Texas- I think we took about 4 days to do it.

nerdy

It takes a few days to ship them into the country so I think that they could survive a long haul!

trisha123

Michelle..I am moving to Ponca City. My husband is being transferred there..so I suppose I will go too :D . Where are you in Oklahoma?
Next, a few replies said that they may be able to make the move. Really?? All I keep picturing is them being knocked around in a cooler. Any more suggestions on transporting? I also have freshwater fish ( fish and a few aquatic frogs) I am thinking they can survive but I guess I just jumped to the conclusion that the saltwater ones couldn't.
Thanks for everyones input and let me know any other other helpful info please :)
Trisha

trisha123

Okay :) One more question..as I am sitting here thinking "well maybe I don't have to get rid of them?" Okayyy but how about when I get there ? Where do I put them then? I won't have a cycled tank available. My things will be getting there at the same time I will..but they will still be disassembled?? (Moving truck)
I love all the ideas though :) Have any more?
Trisha

Trisha, How big is your tank? You could just take all of the water with you. It might be a pain but It depends on how bad you want to keep your fish. You could haul all of your water in plastic gas containers. Once you get there you could set up a makeshift tank. Do you have any corals or other stuff like that? Just use a big plastic tub. Dump some of the water in put a heater and power-head in. They can stay in there until you are ready to set up your new tank. This is what I had to do when I moved. HTH
Becky:)

scotts

Maybe you could put your fish in like a 5 gallon water bottle, with your water. And your rocks and corals in a rubbermaid cooler. You might have to buy some stuff, but it would be cheaper than starting over. If you bought a 35 gallon cooler than you would have around 35 gallons of water to start your tank with.
Scott