My Frag Tank

A few pics from my 40 Breeder Frag tank with a single 250w XM 20k over it driven by an ARO electronic ballast, a Koralia 2 and a MJ400. It is Plumbed into my 125 reef. It has just enough sand to cover the bottom but most has ended up in the center because of the flow pushing it away from the edges. It seems to work in my favor though because then no food winds up getting stuck in the corners and muckin up the tank.
Anyhow heres some shots of a few corals that Im growing out for trade/sell or to go into my display once large enough to frag.
midsection of the tank, just for fun

3 different Micros

Smashmouth Micromussa

unknown acro. cool cream color with green tips, just mounted it today so not especially happy at the moment lol

Cotton Candy Micromussa

Spiderman Micromussa

Lord Acan

Frogspawn

Desert Sunset Challice

And just a couple from the display because I like them.
Maze Brain of some sort?

DS Chalice again

Unknown Purple/Blue Chalice, Got it when it was bleach white, and have nursed it back to heath slowly. Can't wait for some growth

Enjoy!

bessycerka

Very cool, I'd like to see a full view of the system, filter, lighting, etc, as I want to set up a similar system. What bulbs are you using there? The photo is blue and looks like actinic also. What's Koralia2, and MJ 400? I 'm new to coral.

N

nemo_66

yea, just abuse us with some macros. wheres the full tank? lol. just kidding, but i would love to see a full tank. amazing setup tho. its amazing how many corals u have in there. could probably fill up my entire DT! lol. its a 28 bow.

Bessy, Filtration is handled by the 29g sump thats shared with my 125. I have a SS125 skimmer soon to be upgraded. I have no carbon or anything else. Manual top off and big water changes on the system weekly. A koralia and mj400 are just powerheads they have nothing to do with coral. I have no actinic on the tank just a 20k XM bulb as listed in my original post. the photo looks blue because my lighting is very blue and comes out even more so in my photos. I don't edit it out because I feel this is an accurate representation of my corals true colors and when someone recieves one they will be more impressed insetad of dissappointed that someone photoshopped a picture and sold an ugly, dull coral.
Thanks nemo66 full tank shots aren't to pretty its just an eggcrate rack with some corals and yes I do have enough in there to fill a small tank haha. Nothing compared to a few other guys on here but Im getting there. These are just for trading and selling to keep cost of maintaining the system down, anyone who runs a reef can easily run a frag system along with it and I would recomend doing it. Selling a couple frags here and there pays for all my salt and sometimes even for a new coral or two.

N

nemo_66

yea, i might do a frag tank, but all my money is just gonna fall in there. lol.